Front wheel position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luis

Reaction score
I was changing the tyres with my brand new spanking no mar tyre changer and now I totally forget which side of the wheel goes right or left because sure enough I did not mark it!. There is a big circle and a small circle around whete the axel should be. Big circle is left or right? ☺

NB. This is a 2003, no abs

There are little arrows cast into the wheel pointing in the direction of rotation (at least on later Gens).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Look for the rotation indicator.

And..... hope the same indicator on the newly mounted tire points the same way........ :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as obvious with the pre-ABS Gen I. No possibility of making a mistake with a Gen II or III because of the ABS stuff on the hub.

On 2003, the bolt goes in right side, as you are sitting on the bike, to the left side.

So I would reckon the big circle on the right side and little circle on the left.

Yes, you are right! There is a wee arrow head in the cast iron... silly me... and of course I blew up my 50% of getting it right... oh well, I needed the practice anyway...

Luis

We've got some people here who will make a living as comedians if they wash out of their engineering, pilot or whatever careers. Rbentnail, that's some funny shit right there!

Yes, you are right! There is a wee arrow head in the cast iron... silly me... and of course I blew up my 50% of getting it right... oh well, I needed the practice anyway...
Luis
No cast iron in FJR wheels, they are cast aluminum.

Dan

Excellent! I have got wheels, motorbike pointing forwards, wheels in the front, wheels in the back and everything. No need to warm up tyres (Bridgestone T30-'s). Did it by myself and it was relatively easy and painless. One trick (top tip as James Right-Roberts would say) is to force the tyre into the drop centre as you go, as you are sliding the mount-demount bar around the edge. Using three blocks of wood works really well. This gives you enough clearance to make the edge of the tyre drop in and stay there.

Thanks all for all your useless, very useful comments :)

Luis

Thanks, Luis. It is good to know the T30 mounts easily with the No Mar. I've been looking at that T30 rear and that stiff sidewall and thinking it was gonna be me or the tire. You've encouraged me!

Thanks, Luis. It is good to know the T30 mounts easily with the No Mar. I've been looking at that T30 rear and that stiff sidewall and thinking it was gonna be me or the tire. You've encouraged me!
Mine went right on, once I began doing it right. Haha...Lots of lube, and keep that tire centered.