Hand guards Gen II - Type, cost, install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bababang

Reaction score
Well it getting a little colder these days in NC, and I noticed my insulated gloves where not enough this morning. I want to install a set of hand guards to deflect the wind, I've heard some people have used the v_strom type with modifications. Looking for advice on part numbers, best price and installation.

thanks

If you'll consider something else, these from Cycra work great. I know they fit a standard GEN II, can't say for sure if the LH side will work with an AE. As small as they are, they deflect a surprising amount of air. Warm up the decals and they come right off!

--G

Somewhere there's a thread with some very cheap Chinese brand. I have them installed and love them. So you can spend the $100+ dollars for V-Stroms or $23.00 to get the made in china brand. Had them within a week a believe after ordering. Also no modifications needed for the cheapo hand guards. Just bolt on.

Edit: Can't find thread, google skills are not up to par today.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a set with all hardware included for $75.00 shipped.

Look on e-bay, they have one set left. I think it was Valley Cycle in Virginia

becoyote,

Somewhere on here I have an old thread detailing the installation of my V-Strom handguards, and can confirm they are compatible with a Throttlemeister, along with the big V-Stream windshield and D&D +10 bar risers. If I can find it, I'll post it for you.

If you want, send me a PM with your text number or email address and I'll snap some pics for you to see how I have mine set up. It took some patient Dremel tool use to get them to fit just right.

'fooz

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a black pair of these on my '13 earlier this month in anticipation of an Arkansas Ozark Mtns trip. Very simple mods (lengthening of the slots) to the mounting brackets and some longer M6x1.00 screws got them to fit like a champ. Combined with the standard Gen III grip warmers and the hands were quite comfy in the 40's. I am probably going to pull them off tomorrow to plasti-dip in an effort to cover over the yellow stripe and have them look more like the plastic on the bike.

They were like $15.99 shipped from Hong Kong and arrived 11-12 days after I ordered them. Great farkle for the $$.