2016 Big Money Rally - It's on!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
The Big Money Rally (BMR) runs from January 1, 2016 through May 28, 2015. It is a nationwide event that does not involve riding a long way in a short period of time, but it encourages everyone to get out on their bikes to ride as often as possible and gives you a purpose and direction for that riding. It is a grass roots, all-volunteer, competitive rally that scores the event from scratch over a million times with real-time scoring and last year scored 20,000 submissions all in near-real time! They have everything from AMA hall of famers, veteran rally riders from all types of events, weekend warriors, and riders as young as 15!

The bonus pack is still being tweaked but there are some really fantastic themes this year that I think will bring great fun to all participants! Here is the link to the intro page.

https://bigmoneyrally.com/2016/?page_id=118017

There's something for everyone, it doesn't matter if you live North, South, East or West - this rally is throughout the US. If you haven't ever done a rally but have been curious about it, this is a great one to try out since it runs from January 1 through May 28 so lots of time to get out and find those bonus spots! So, if you are up for a huge scavenger hunt, join in the fun! Hope to see a few of you out there! B)

Thanks for the reminder Tyler. Signed up...this will be my 5th BMR...plus 1 BMRx rally.

I highly recommend for all folks regardless of whether you're a "rally" rider or not. This event is a great way to see some roads you've never seen in your own area...along with creative nooks and crannies. And with an event that lasts 5 months...it's hoot to get out and about on a motorcycle. I think I did 1/2 of mine last year on an adventure bike and 1/2 on the FJR.

YIPPEEEE! There will be springtime fun in Uncle Hud's world!

If you weren't listening to Tyler, this is a nationwide rally with thousands of bonus locations, and had several 2015 IBR finishers as competitors last year. Ride where you want to ride, when you want to ride, to destinations that interest you, on roads that you may not have considered riding. How could you NOT have fun?

==============================================
Thanks for posting this, girl! You are THE BOMB!
love.gif

==============================================

Last edited by a moderator:
BMR rocks, can't wait for the fun to begin.

BTW- Ignacio, *IF* 2 of my locations make the cut, take your adventure bike :)

I may just have to check this out. I may be able to score some sights while on the Death Valley ride!

Just an update as we're getting close to the starting date of January 1, 2016! We have implemented something new for this year's BMR (well, I twisted John's arm and he agreed... ;) ) - weekly newsletters! Hoping it will help educate riders and make them successful in the rally - lots of tips, instructions, advice, etc. laid out in what is hopefully a more friendly format and will engage riders in learning - if you're a BMR virgin, this will be a great way for you to check it out and see what it's all about. Click here.
angel.gif

If you are still on the fence, there's still time to sign up, get into the practice rally, and set your sights on the start on January 1. It really is a ton of fun and this year's themes are pretty spectacular! B)

Will be working up some routes this week. Check your PM, smithpa68; I'm interested in a ride partner for some trips.