2016 Big Money Rally - It's on!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see me in the "most points for the past 48 hours" list this past weekend? Collected a 10-point State Center bonus during a 900-mile weekend that should have garnered about 60 points. Met three other BMR gentlemen, including an-Atlanta are rider who did well last year. (I always grab as many of Tyler's locations as I can, because they take you to strange places. OK, maybe I collect them solely because they're Tyler's bonus locations.)
And I lost a handful of bonii due to two crap-quality photos and a bad bonus code. And I lost two 3-fer ZC bonii: (1) some punk-ass vandal scraped the name "Alcolu" off the post office window, and (2) the Postmaster General apparently doesn't believe Loganville needs the zip code displayed on their post office building. (Loganville was my fault: couldn't confirm the signage through Google Street View, but rode there anyway.)
I do try to send folks out to the boonies and experience new places, things, and people... for me, that's one of the best things about riding! B) Which three riders did you meet up with??

As for the lost bonii, that's just a part of the adventure... gotta give it the old college try and even if you don't get the points, you still get a kick ass ride.
bike.gif

^^^^ Agree with it all. Bagging a couple of your BRs saw me ride between Savannah (GA) and Beaufort (SC) on a road that was less than 6 inches above the surrounding swamp. Two sections of highway were still covered in fine sand from where the tidal flow had overtopped the roadway. Yippee! Adventure!

Met riders 444, 494, and the outrageously numbered rider 069 at the SC Center bonus. Click here. One must assume the Rallymaster intended for folks to meet at the CB locations since they're only open for an hour.

The GA Center bonus opens in about two weeks, and planning on the TN Center, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^ Agree with it all. Bagging a couple of your BRs saw me ride between Savannah (GA) and Beaufort (SC) on a road that was less than 6 inches above the surrounding swamp. Two sections of highway were still covered in fine sand from where the tidal flow had overtopped the roadway. Yippee! Adventure!
Met riders 444, 494, and the outrageously numbered rider 069 at the SC Center bonus. Click here. One must assume the Rallymaster intended for folks to meet at the CB locations since they're only open for an hour.

The GA Center bonus opens in about two weeks, and planning on the TN Center, too.
Things happen so fast on the website it's hard to keep up with everything that's going on... that's very cool that you guys met up and are planning another CB adventure together. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss the one in CA this weekend because I'll be on on 5-day trip to Death Valley... poor me. :D

Things happen so fast on the website it's hard to keep up with everything that's going on... that's very cool that you guys met up and are planning another CB adventure together. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss the one in CA this weekend because I'll be on on 5-day trip to Death Valley... poor me.
biggrin.png
I'll make it worth your while somehow!

Things happen so fast on the website it's hard to keep up with everything that's going on... that's very cool that you guys met up and are planning another CB adventure together. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss the one in CA this weekend because I'll be on on 5-day trip to Death Valley... poor me.
biggrin.png
I'll make it worth your while somehow!
Honey, just having you guys there is worth the while... :wub:

Congratulations to RFlagg42 on finishing BMR 2016. Heading for Gold? Unobtanium seems to be no longer available.

Congratulations to RFlagg42 on finishing BMR 2016. Heading for Gold? Unobtanium seems to be no longer available.
Thanks! Unfortunately, I haven't been back on the bike since then. Both Centers Bonuses I wanted to hit (VA and DE) were affected by cold weather and potential ice. I will attempt Gold before the season is over.

You're almost there....you should be able to snag at least 100 points while riding your 50CC
smile.png

slatonp4 yammering about point whores? That's funny. Or maybe he was expressing a wish about Unobtanium?

Thanks, RFlagg42. I should have finished this past weekend, but one of Saturday's triple-score Post Offices didn't have the zip code on the building. (Street View was inconclusive). Also had to drop a few locations on Sunday, since I overslept my start time by 90 minutes and had to be back by nightfall.

The 50CC return will be focused on towns named "Atlanta" in TX, LA, AR, and MS. I've also added a dozen stops for ZC bonus triple-scores. Other than a CB, a five-point Post Office is the best possible bonus this year.

Oh yeah, I'm also vacuuming up all the BR locations around here solely to make Tyler feel good.

I think I maxed out on my position this morning - eked my way to #11 but think I'm about done with any big scores. Except for a couple of stragglers, I've got every ZC, CB, PT and BR within 400 miles of my home, so its pretty much WD and WH to the finish unless I make some much longer round trips. I've mapped out a 3000 mile loop through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and Oregon that could generate up to 200 points which is actually pretty efficient out here in the west but I don't think I'll have the week to 10 days it would take to make that run. I'm still trying to plot out a way to get enough to make it to gold - I'm guessing it would take a trip of about 1000 miles (up to Oregon and back) to get another big score - but a silver finish is about as good as I think I can get...

I think I maxed out on my position this morning - eked my way to #11 but think I'm about done with any big scores. Except for a couple of stragglers, I've got every ZC, CB, PT and BR within 400 miles of my home, so its pretty much WD and WH to the finish unless I make some much longer round trips. I've mapped out a 3000 mile loop through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and Oregon that could generate up to 200 points which is actually pretty efficient out here in the west but I don't think I'll have the week to 10 days it would take to make that run. I'm still trying to plot out a way to get enough to make it to gold - I'm guessing it would take a trip of about 1000 miles (up to Oregon and back) to get another big score - but a silver finish is about as good as I think I can get...
Stay tuned... there may be another set of bonii released (they have in the past)... why not plan something on the way to the banquet in Vegas? Take the week before and do some hunting, show up for the banquet (maybe have your wife fly in and meet you there for a nice weekend together?), and then head home. Easy peasy. B)

Derekw posted: I am planning to head toward Alabama for some points if any one in GA wants to go. Derek 444
Derek! Good to hear from you, bud! Sorry, man, no can do at the moment. Got too much on my plate with family stuff and a 50CC the first week in April. I've been stuck about 5 points short of finishing for perhaps a month.
confusedsmiley.png

ON THE OTHER HAND, aren't you headed with us to the Tennessee Center on May 1? Send me an email if you're interested in my guest room the night before.

BMR 428

I am still planning on going but I may ride up on Saturday and get all the points I can and camp out. Then Sunday get the CB and then head home. Not sure yet for sure but will let you know.