Moving to mammoth Wyoming yellowstone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you are moving from one perfect place to another perfect place. That's gotta suck. I don't live there but I can truly say there are some wonderful FJR roads around Yellowstone.

Best wishes on your change of venue, Rich... what prompted the move?? Maybe join in for the meet in Red Lodge in June or NAFO in July in Colorado?

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad. After four posts your name is already obsolete. Don't think the admins will even let you change it to Yellowstonerich, either (just ask TominCA or Ric in Sac--but you might have to go to PA or AK to ask them). Work for the Park Service? Or the concessionaire? Just curious.

By the way, +1 to Tyler. See you in Red Lodge or Durango. Or both.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BakerBoy" data-cid="1272123" data-time="1448162303"><p>

I grew up not far from there... you'll have a blast in that area!</p></blockquote>

I keep wondering where I'll be when I grow up.

I trust you enjoy trout fishing. Figure out where Knowles Falls on the Yellowstone River is (not far from Mammoth) and get your butt down there. Rainbows and Cuts 1.5-2.5 lbs. every other cast. Oh, the riding is pretty good, too. PM me and I'll tell you about the best of MT and ID.

Fellow Montanan here. Take Big Sky up on his offer. He wrote the books on riding in this part of the world..... literally.

You'll be in the heart of some of the best FJR riding roads there are. MT, WY, SD, ID, AB, BC, CO and UT. It doesn't get much better.

You suck. lol Ive been to both and they are beautiful places. I could only dream to live there. Its got to be amazing.

Hello everyone just got to my hotel for the night in Anaheim Ca just road from Phx Az today I have the pleasure of sharing a room withat my nephew and two great nieces

Heading to

Home in the morning have to beat a storm coming in 3-5 inches of white stuff predicted on Yosemite valley floor

Will answer post in a bit

Back in Yosemite safe.my fiance and I work for the consessions,Im a seasonal maintenance laborer hiking into high sierra camps in spring for setups and fall for teardown best job in the world

Just a new adventure in our life, we both like to ride fish 4x4 in our jeep and go shooting. Abigail was offered a new job and I'm tagging along

... you'll have a blast in that area!
Aren't they predicting a supervolcano there soon? That'll be a hell of a blast!
They just don't know how soon
wink.png

He will literally be in the BLAST ZONE !!!

Riding and fishing, that's the place to be. Lamar River, Yellowstone River, Soda Butte Creek, Slough creek--all just east from where you'll be.

The anticipated super volcano eruption is either 30,000 years late or not due yet for 70,000 years, give or take, depending. I'm not too worried, though we would be incinerated here in about 90 seconds after eruption. I've told my wife, if I'm out on the deck when it blows, I'm just gonna holler, "Hey Honey! Come here and look at this!"