Which cover best fits the FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeames

Reaction score
All,

Looking for a cover to throw on while while the bike is in storage in my dusty garage, and while staying overnight at motes and such when the bike isnparked outside.

I have a very bad back, so I am looking for a cover that is easy to throw on and take off. It is unlikely to be used for trailering but waterproofness is desireable (I live in Washington). I'm thinking a draw string on the bottom would be better than elastic if anyone makes one with a drawstring.

Hard to see which ones would best fit an FJR with the high windshield and mirrors and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you bothered to look first at any of the many existing threads on the subject?

wow...I guess it's kinda like a Friday
rolleyes.gif

I prefer the cover of darkness. When that isn't a possibility, I cover as much of it as I can with my posterior.

Yamaha makes one just for FJR at about $150 and it's very nice.

If you have Cycle Gear near you, they have some for under $20 (but it's not waterproof)

You are looking for size XL

Thanks Madrussian...Makes sense that yamaha would make one just for it....and it would be very expensive.

Occasionally the OEM cover will come up for sale in this forum's classifieds, or on e-bay at perhaps half the cost of new. I sold a Yamaha FJR cover without the stuff sack on the forum for $65 or so about six months ago. It is indeed a deluxe piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a couple on Ebay right now for $99. Still a lot for a cover but getting closer!

I'll keep my eyes open.