The Balkans 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackRoadBob

Reaction score
Last September, I took my first European motorcycle trip to the Balkans. It was a step back into time to a region that had long been under communist rule. The cities are moving forward as fast as possible, but I enjoyed the slow paced rural areas and simply spectacular back roads and countryside.

https://littlebobandfriends.com/journeys/the-balkans-2015.html

Great write-up, thanks for sharing. I've been touring many times in Central-Eastern Europe, but not in those countries yet. Will be on my to-do list for the future!

BRB - That, my friend, is one excellent helluva RR. It's great to view pix that are completely new areas and peeps. Well done.

I'm gettin' a Wudy
punk.gif
!! 18th pic after the map, you'll see.....

Thanks for the ride-along, Bob!!

That looks like it was a great trip Bob - and some familiar faces too! Looks like someplace i should add to the list of "should sees".....

Great write-up, thanks for sharing. I've been touring many times in Central-Eastern Europe, but not in those countries yet. Will be on my to-do list for the future!
I think this a trip a number of us should do.

Bob

That looks like it was a great trip Bob - and some familiar faces too! Looks like someplace i should add to the list of "should sees".....
No rain. Warm weather. Looks like it's got your name written all over it!

Last edited by a moderator:
From talking to several folks, they will schedule their next tour with Adriatic Moto tours instead of Edelweiss. so many more plusses with Adriatic.

I enjoyed looking over your trip Bob--after I got over the envy. That Dr. Bob was a great companion riding the Alps with brother Don. And what a great doctor. He was offering everybody free prostate exams. I passed, though. He was still wearing his armored motorcycle gloves!

Tell him I said hey, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: