Luggage Tie Down Points

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTW1300

Reaction score
I am taking an extended trip this weekend on the FJR and I am trying to find a way to use my Saddleman luggage from my old Vstart 1300. I can tie the bag down in front using the T-Rex bars but the only spot at the back is the rear bag lock. Any advice from others?

I tried to include a picture but was not able to.

I have Rock Straps running from the rear Canyon Cages up and over the rear seat up to the opposite passenger hand grip. Seems you could do the same from the passenger pegs.

I added the Touratech rear luggage rack that gives you more tie down points than the stock rack. I use a medium Motofizz bag on the passenger seat and tie the front with straps to the rear peg hangers and the rear with straps to the rack.

I used my saddlemen bag on mine last year by strapping it to the FJR luggage rack. Had no problems with it riding out to the Grand Canyon and back.

Thanks everyone for the many great ideas. For this weekend the reflector brackets are the winner and then to find some Bungee Buddies here in Ontario.

You will need to experiment with the routing of the rear straps to see what works best for your particular set up. Over or Under the factory rear rack arms will make a difference. Do keep in mind that Over the arms will scratch the paint in just one trip.

The Givi SR357 took that problem out of the equation for me. My set up seems to change for every trip. Good luck.

You might be able to see Dad's routing in this pic:

Last edited by a moderator: