BC Overniter, 20,21 July

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Connect the dots. Everett-Sumas-(BC Dots)Hope-Merritt-Kamloops-Spallumcheen-Vernon-Lumby-Fauquier-Nakusp(on 25k of new blacktop). 484miles 11 hours. Day 2,Nakusp-Slocan-Castlegar-Grand Forks-(WA.Dots)-Danville-Republic-Nespelem-Omak-Twisp-Newhalem-Darrington-Snohomish, 507 miles, 12 hours. Observations. To Hope BC is still a grind except for maybe the last 12 miles to Hope. The Coq. and 5a are still favorites, very scenic and travel worthy. Put 94 octane ethanol free in the DL1000 at Merritt and it really seemed to run well-46mpg at move along speeds. Hot in Vernon, 86 and sunny, saw the big OYAMA ZIP LINE sign. From Lumby to Needles really cool, transitions (twisties) in many sections. Got to watch blind curves for very slow moving LARGE trucks carrying wood products. Highly recommend the CMH K2 Rotor Lodge in Nakusp, toll free 1 800 663 0100, friendly staff, good food (did not try the pie) but no more senior discount. Traveled along Slocan lake to Castlegar, much the preferred route for me, lots of character. 31A is cool but after Kaslo is to much traffic and obstacles. Down the road from Nakusp 38 miles or so is a sweet little rest area with great views on your right side, blink and you are by it. Over the mountains to Grand Forks, very scenic and enjoyable ride, starts mellowing out by Lake Christine though. Rest of the trip eastern Wa. is still there and warm, 86s for temps., back roads still have left over gravel in the centers in spots, still tar snakes around Nespellem, kind of a drone from there to the Omak DQ for refreshments.(hydration). North cascades will always shine except for the idiot BACKING out on the highway to complete a U turn. Exciting at unmentionables. V-Strom has not the triple digit top end legs of my FJR, but I cannot complain, averaged right at 43mpg and I love that V-twin pulse. Chip sealing highway 9 by Arlington, was a mess even though just passing through. Home was reached after 507miles and right at 12hrs. Do we have overniters in the PNW or what.