BC Roads worth trying

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me add one road not to be overlooked for those coming from Hwy 2 in Montana. The cut off along the west side of Lake Koocanusa is a most amazing journey. I and a friend did that road last year on our way to Jasper then to Castlegar. It was AMAZING!!! NF228...Find it!! :lol: WE ended up in Coleman for the night coming from Seeley Lake, MT on our way to Jasper. It was an amazing day of riding, one of the best of the entire 7,000 mile journey. Beautiful country and a really fun road!!

Speaking of ferries in Canada, do bikes go to the head of the line like in Washington? Thanks.
Yes - on the big coastal ferries. First on, first off :D

On the Interior ferries you take your turn and tuck in where you can.

006-3.jpg

Al

Speaking of ferries in Canada, do bikes go to the head of the line like in Washington? Thanks.
On the coastal ferries the official answer is "Motorcycles are usually loaded onto the ferry before other vehicles. " They will direct you to a staging lane which will load first, so you'll pass the traffic already in the staging area. Never experienced it, but I'm told if you arrive too close to loading time during busy season, you may not get this privilege.

My experience on interior ferries is that, although the official answer is "No", in practicality it's "Pretty Much!" You line up with the cages but if you are sufficiently near the front of the pack, the 'ushers' on the ferry will wave you to the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not on the Kootenai Lake/Balfor ferry.
+1/2 on that. Seems to depend on the time of the year/time of day :)

Al.
If your CFR / NAFO Forum motorcycle group is led by Fairlaner: You and your FJR board that Ferry first, they don't want to ever feck with His Majesty King Richard! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

RichardQueen3.jpg
RoyalRichard.jpg

If your CFR / NAFO Forum motorcycle group is led by Fairlaner: You and your FJR board that Ferry first, they don't want to ever feck with His Majesty King Richard! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

RichardQueen3.jpg
RoyalRichard.jpg
Heads up Don.

The CIA is looking into IPA (Internet PhotoShop Abuse) :p

Al.

RichardQueen3.jpg
RoyalRichard.jpg
Heads up Don.

The CIA is looking into IPA (Internet PhotoShop Abuse) :p

Al.
Actually Al, since 'R' is a Brit I believe it would be Scotland Yard; perhaps Interpol, not sure there!

On the inland ferries, bikes do NOT get priority boarding or off loading ... but if you get the right ferry crew (i.e. probably folks that ride), and go where they tell you without complaint when they board you (i.e. not like you are entitled to get off the ferry first), bikes will often be sent off the ferry before any other vehicles. That's been my experience, several times, especially on the Kootenay Lake Ferry between Balfour and Kootenay Bay.

Let me add one road not to be overlooked for those coming from Hwy 2 in Montana. The cut off along the west side of Lake Koocanusa is a most amazing journey. I and a friend did that road last year on our way to Jasper then to Castlegar. It was AMAZING!!! NF228...Find it!! :lol: WE ended up in Coleman for the night coming from Seeley Lake, MT on our way to Jasper. It was an amazing day of riding, one of the best of the entire 7,000 mile journey. Beautiful country and a really fun road!!

+1 ! Spectacular road ! Good surface, very curvy (follows the shoreline of the lake, albeit from a great height), and no traffic!

MultiQuote

Edit

enough of this shit, lets just go already........

R
Going golfing this AM are we 'R'? Has to be the reason you're up so early, I'm up early because I'm going on a dirt bike ride with mi Amigos; before it hits 104F degrees!

Ooops! I still working on figuring out this Posting business....
You been hitting the Phillips again??? :D

Al
suar, here is how to post photos on our Fine FJR Forum. You take your photo from your Photobucket or SmugMug account (or others!) and simply put [ img] in front of your photo address and [ /img] at the end of your address: https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/Mexico_2010_275.jpg This is FJR Tucson Joe and Papa Chuy dirt bike riding in Old Mexico.

Please Note: I put a space between [ and i, also between [ and / above, just so it would show up in the text. Naturally, remove that spacing when you post your picture.

Mexico_2010_275.jpg