Which after market service manual is good for generation 2 ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalingo

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning Riders all over the earth !

I'm looking to purchase a generation 2 service manual ,I would like to know please which one is good and well explained ?

the "Haynes" service manual 01-13 has small black and white pictures and step by step explanations , should I go for it ?

Or you guys have better choice ?

Thanks a lot for the futures answers and always a blessed ride

Haynes is good.

Apart from the Yamaha official manual I don't know of any other publisher.

Clymer were good, shame they don't do a manual for the FJR.

Haynes is a bit more down-to-earth than the Yamaha manual, it actually tells you how to do things such as what fasteners hold bits on, where you can use a hammer instead of the official special tool. However, the pictures are poor quality, sometimes take a bit of deciphering. It also lacks some of the details that the Yamaha manual has. The Haynes is also Euro-specific, but the differences are negligible.

Why not get the Haynes manual, see how you get on? It's significantly cheaper than the Yamaha one.

Note that it goes up to year 2013 (therefore 2014 since they're the same), but the 2013 data is a little lacking in places. Not that that matters for your Gen2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys , and thanks for the answers

i'm going with the Haynes then , is a bit better than the yamaha "raw explained"manual

well the pictures i'll have to just get use to them!!

thanks guys and have a good day

There are a lot of members who post pretty detailed pictures of parts and procedures. Can take a little effort to learn to use the search feature. Easiest way to use Google to do a search. Format I use, and I am sure there are others, is: " part name or procedure site:fjrforum.com " example oil filter site:fjrforum.com will return pages of information, some of it FJR specific. You will have to search through the returns to find the closest result to your query.

There are a lot of members who post pretty detailed pictures of parts and procedures. Can take a little effort to learn to use the search feature. Easiest way to use Google to do a search. Format I use, and I am sure there are others, is: " part name or procedure site:fjrforum.com " example oil filter site:fjrforum.com will return pages of information, some of it FJR specific. You will have to search through the returns to find the closest result to your query.
Hi Dennis

i received the Haynes and like it a lot

plus you right , this forum is very well explained and the photo are good quality , anytime when i have free time i'm browsing to get familiar to the site

all you guys do a great job to post knowledge about our beats

take care and see you maybe one day

I may be in Italy late next summer and hope to spend time in France also. The Provence region and the Normandy area. My daughter lives in Bristol, United Kingdom so I will be visiting her also. Maybe hookup with Mcatrophy who has a lot of detailed photos of the FJR and somereally nice videos of his various trips.