• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2004 Frankenbike needs some parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blassoff

Its just the dog in me, baby
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Gauges sit about 3" right of center. Looks crazy, anybody have one sitting around?

Also, how about the sidebag plastic covers (silver). Dash Panels #2 and #4, right side.

That'll do me for now. Thanks, Baz

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a broke one that I can reweld and get to you quickly for cheap $. The mirror tab is broke off. It looks straight. I was going to use it to see if I could design a front stiffy for it, but so far I am at a loss on how to make one. PM me for more info.

All fixed, shipping today.

DSC01781_zpsvxzrnryp.jpg

DSC01780_zpswlgqqjpp.jpg

Garauld, have you created a Jig to hold everything in position?

If so, I think you'll be in for a lot of Gen III Stay repairs

IT'S FOR A 2004, GEN1.

Sorry, I though you knew. Frankenbike is Radio Howie's old bike. It's a Gen1.

I hope you haven't shipped yet.

Sorry, sorry. B

2014 FJR, 2004 Frankenbike

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been searching for Gen. 1 front stay also. Good luck, nothing out there. Deer hit but not bent to much.

I might remove all plastic and try to bend it back..Only bent by right mirror. It has a nice square hole that I could get a bar in there and bend it back..

Best price NEW $286 Boats.net.

Yup. $308 delivered from Partshark. I asked Garuald if he could bend it back, he said "Nope", find a salvage unit just like he did.

Figure I'm gonna remove the stay, load it into a vice, heat it with a torch, and bend it back at least close to straight.

You're close. Allentown is an hour away. Maybe we get together and commiserate over our f'ed stays. Do you have the hardware to try and fix these suckers? I probably do. Worst case I buy a bigger vice. Lemme know.

Change of heart. I'm gonna put it back on the bike and beat the crap out of it with a mallet. Can't make it any worse.

Take a look, the ignition switch should line up with the ABS warning light (third light - in the middle), it ain't even close.

IMG_1194.jpg

Baz,

Do you need the sidecase cover of the actual bag or just the hole covers?

I think I have a silver bag cover. Let me know if I can help you

Baz, Do you need the sidecase cover of the actual bag or just the hole covers? I think I have a silver bag cover. Let me know if I can help you
Thanks Josh: I'm looking for the side case hole covers. I've got 5 or 6 items on my want list, but I'm content to wait a month or two and continue searching. At some point this bike has to come together.

I've been searching for Gen. 1 front stay also. Good luck, nothing out there. Deer hit but not bent to much.I might remove all plastic and try to bend it back..Only bent by right mirror. It has a nice square hole that I could get a bar in there and bend it back..

Best price NEW $286 Boats.net.
I just snagged a front stay off an 05 on Ebay. Looks perfect, $130 delivered. Keep an eye out, they're out there.

You have to dig into listings. This thing was listed as a "fairing cowl mounting bracket". Searching for a Front Stay would have never found it.

I'll still bend the crap outta my old one, maybe try to sell it if it turns out halfway decent.

Baz

You got lucky. I'm still looking. Most I've seen are trashed ,crashed and bashed.

One on Ebay now bent hard at steering stem.

You got lucky. I'm still looking. Most I've seen are trashed ,crashed and bashed.One on Ebay now bent hard at steering stem.
If it's the one I saw, it's for a 2006, Seller has no idea what they're selling.

Find a seller who has Gen1 parts listed for sale and then check every part they have, you'll probably get lucky. I've been searching for about three weeks and I found a score. A little diligence does pay off.

Latest posts