06 fjr throttle? (merged threads)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxxer06

Reaction score
I just purchased an 06 fjr and had to ride 168 mile home and my wrist is killing me? Is there a cure for this? Love the bike but something needs to be done to cure the wrist blues.Any help appreciated

Thank you

Search +throttle +spring +unwind (Type into search box) - 5 pages of results
Try a manual throttle lock
Crampbuster
install electronic cruise

This has never come up before!
uhoh.gif

Check out this thread. I'd buy a G2 Throttle Tube and unwind the springs however this will not fix the "abrupt throttle on" issue some, including Rider Magazine, noted about 10 years ago. Early Gen II's, I believe 06, 07 and early 08's, have throttle issues, stiff spring and "abrupt throttle on". A 09 or newer is a better choice or or an 05 and older.

09's have a ground spider electrical issue but there is a recall by MamaHa and it fixed mine 09 just fine and now I have 77k on it. I will keep it for a while - it is a great bike.

if u decide to unwind the spring, determine if this has already been done...bitch to rewind..

Can someone lead me to the directions for the throttle spring unwind modification?

Thank you

DEAN

The throttle spring unwind really helps with fatigue. I did it on my 07 when new and have had no regrets for the last 118,000 miles. I should warn you that the throttle return will be lazy when your rolling down the road, so don't expect the throttle to snap shut if you release the grip. Never been a problem for me, but might not allow you to take the bike on a track if they check for that (some do).

BTW, I just released the spring and let it spin around. It ended up with a slight gap between the spring end and the catch it normally rests on. I thought that maybe it had unwound more than one turn, but it was confirmed from another member that attached a wire loop and manually unwound the spring that this is normal for a one loop unwind.