What is this, and where does it go?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azuqui

Reaction score
Hey guys, need your help. Was just attaching a battery tender wires to my battery for easy charging on my 2007 FJR, when I noticed this wire laying on the fork plate. It is a black wire with a very small metal eyelet, then down the wire has a white clip of some sort to attach it to something. (see pic) Now, a few months ago I had taken it to the shop to have a new fuel pump installed. I'm guessing they forgot to reattach it. My question is what is it for, and where does it belong. It looks like it's coming from the cowling up front somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Carlos PS- I hate having to take it to the shop, for this very reason!

Attachments

• 20231029_120119.jpg
    20231029_120119.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 20231029_120154.jpg
    20231029_120154.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
It is your ambient temperature sensor. It doesn't "go" anywhere.

Edit: I can't remember, but it should either be clipped somewhere or zip-tied to other wires so it doesn't flop around and contact metal bits directly.
Picture from another thread... You can see where the white clip goes.

1698606375186.png

Last edited:
I was a little bit surprised by that sensor when I saw it the first time I had the dash panels off, but figured it out.

Wow! That makes me feel better Thanks RossKean!
Welcome to the one thing mentioned literally hundreds of times on the forum that people can't seem to find nor reasonably search for in advance. I'm sure it's in the New Owners Read this, but not the easiest to find. And it also is sitting there with no label, not secured to anything, as if screaming, "You don't know what I am! I dare you to tug on me or cut me off because I don't look like I belong!"