The six dollar man

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper

Which side is the brake on?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Seattle, WA : floating down the atmospheric river
...as opposed to the six million dollar man. I check in about 90 minutes from now to have what used to be a left knee (and is now a cumulus cloud of arthritis) refabricated into a high-tech, full-race joint. I expect to raise my top walking speed from 3.9 milli-mach to 5.2 milli-mach a couple of weeks from now. At that kind of speed there is always the threat of ones clothing bursting into flame so I will hereby be required to carry a fire extinguisher while walking on those days that I am not wearing a fire-resistant suit.

This is the fellow that made sure his surgrey was after the tech day. Good luck today my friend.

18447320_10155332992154628_1697671285747444536_n.jpg

I hope it goes well for ya. My dad has had both of his replaced. He's getting around much better now.

Good luck! Both of mine partially replaced before age 40. Best decision I ever made. make sure that you keep ahead of the pain and give your all in physical therapy. yeah, it'll hurt and it'll suck, but the more you work it the better off you'll be!

Good luck with the new high performance parts. Enjoy the drugs and work hard in therapy. We seem to have a bunch of worn out old farts on this forum.
rolleyes.gif
Good thing technology keeps us going on two wheels.
punk.gif

It's only costing you 6 dollars? Well then you are already off to a great start!

Good luck with the surgery!

Just had my second knee replacement Feb. 28. Hope yours goes as well as mine did. Good physical therapy makes a big difference in the recovery.

Godspeed harper, and I'll offer a second to the physical therapy comments: endure their torture gladly, because that's how you work up your after-surgery mobility and strength. You'll need it at those increased milli-mach speeds.

It's only costing you 6 dollars? Well then you are already off to a great start!
No, it's free to me. No copay, no deductible. This is a "center for excellence" plan that Premera Health Insurance, Virginia Mason Hospital, and the University of Washington have cooked up. Everything is flat-out free as long as you are not on Medicare. I have to apply for Medicare in the next few weeks..

I went in to surgery yesterday at about 10:00 AM and was in recovery at about 11:00 AM. I was transferred to a room, had lunch, and then walked about 3/4 miles around hospital hallways in 5 sessions. Everyone signed off on me by 1:30 PM today. I'm at home with my wife and with my older brother who flew up from Atlanta to help care for me for the next week.

I slept poorly and woke up with a fatty...and not in good way. Took some narcotics, waited 45 minutes, and then did a set of physical therapy exercises at home. That hurt. Temperature 100F. My poor wife had to deal with me clattering around with a walker every hour so I could go pee. She probably slept worse than me. But I feel OK 48 hours after surgery on what is expected to be the worst day.

If you are reading this, you're not out riding and I'm ashamed of you. Have fun. I'll join you soon enough.

Good to hear you are on the road to recovery Greg. You'll be good to go for your Total Eclipse Adventure in August.