Givi SR357 vs E228M mount; which is better?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czufelt

Reaction score
I'm planning to add a top case (Givi V47NN Monokey Top Case) to my 2013 FJR and I'm trying to figure out which mounting plate to use. It looks like several of you used the SR357 but I also found the E228M bracket and that seems like a simpler solution for mounting. Am I missing something? Is one more secure than the other? I've searched the site but haven't found a definitive answer. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. Thanks,

i have the SR 357 on my 2016 FJR and on the top I have the VR46, just came back from cross country trip, did in one month over 8000 mils, no problem with sub frame and i do recommend it
bike.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put on the 357 rack (w/ some helpful supervision) and it is BEEFY!

I was running a Givi 55 trunk on the stock rack (barely) and worrying when it was loaded (or not) on the bigger bumps.

We did add 2 washers (mia) under the center spacer to flatten it all out. Overall a 'Great Rack' !
rolleyes.gif

Thanks everyone for your help with this. I also checked out the Motostorm website and saved over $200 compared to the local sites.

Everything I ordered from Motostorm arrived yesterday. Still can't believe I got it in less than 2 weeks from Italy and saved money.