Platina Road is excellent!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simfht

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I followed member BigDogRaven around Northern California last week and here is 9 minutes from our 4 days of riding.

Hope some of you will enjoy it. I apologize for the lack of music and pictures.

What a great looking road! One of MANY up in this end of the state I haven't found yet. TOO many. But both of you guys should send a PM to Rich (NorcalFJR) and get on his local riders list, just to keep in touch with fun rides that are forming up and start to build up a core of guys who want to go exploring like you two did. Find it here.

Great video bro! Yep, super fun 4 days way up in NorCal! What a blast it was. So many CA roads..........so little time.........

Ran 36 from Red Bluff to Fortuna on the way home from YFO and saw that Rd. Not enough time, just not enough time.

Did that one last year on the Spyder and the surface beat the crap out of us. I'm sure it's more fun on two wheels.

Will have to check that out next time I'm over there on the bike. I was in Igo a couple summers ago for a childhood friend's interment at the Veteran's Memorial Cemetery, in my car (among a large group of friends who played a memorial round of golf in Redding in his honor) and it appeared that there were some good roads in the area to be strafed on the Feejer. Thanks for the heads-up.

we had a jam packed 4 days as our ride leader really knows his way around. this was one of my favorites, but I just realized this was the last road we rode - so maybe that's why it's a favorite. the more I think about it, seems I had new favorite roads every day
punk.gif