Seattle, WA Good to Go Pass - free for bikes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I positioned mine in the center of the headlight housing just even with the bottom of the "V shaped" center of the windshield. Works just fine and is barely visible from the front. I was concerned that if I placed it on the headlight lens cover that it would be at an angle to the reader and I just don"t like the idea of anything on the lens that might decrease the amount of light on the road. That turns out to be a non-concern since I mounted a pair of Hella FF50 Driving Lights on the brackets that Garauld used to make. Lots of light now.

...not gonna do it, still holding out!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Bottom of the windshield is the place. Most of the folks I see have them there. The readers have trouble with headlight placement. One of the nice ladies at GTG told me she recommends putting the transponder on the helmet. Umm, no. I'm a daily rider on the 405 corridor and I was still getting a bill every month for a single non read from the same location. I keep telling them.... But I am not going to give the bastards a single penny for something that is codified as free by federal law. So far they've been pretty good about writing off the charges. We'll see how it goes......

My sticker is on the right headlight. I ride almost daily in the HOV lane and about once a month I get a bill. They are really good about removing the charge but 10 to 15 minutes on the phone pisses me off.
This is good to know. I used the transit lanes last week. I have a sticker on the lower edge of my windscreen. The flipping directions assume all motorcycles have a single round head line like a UJM from the 1970's or some damn thing.

...not gonna do it, still holding out!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G
Troglodyte! :D

My sticker is on the right headlight. I ride almost daily in the HOV lane and about once a month I get a bill. They are really good about removing the charge but 10 to 15 minutes on the phone pisses me off.
You don't actually need to call. When I get a bill, I get on the interwebs and go to the page to pay the bill, then click the "dispute" box for the ticket and write a note that I have the GTG pass.

I ordered 2 more passes, one for the 990 and one for Trish's F700GS. I had both passes in about a week, FYI.

Congrate's Paul, I remember you were about ready to be a dad when we took that ride early this year. Enjoy, I have always enjoyed mine, and now I'm a granddad!