First Spokane Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fontanaman

Robin Trower
Reaction score
I lived 15 miles south Seattle in the same town for 62 years. This all changed last week when my lovely bride Linda and I moved to Spokane Washington. I like to joke we moved to the land of less, less traffic, lower expenses, and fewer grumpy people.

Yesterday I got the garage organized. With blue skies today it is time to go for a short ride. What better way to celebrate this minor accomplishment? So this morning I whipped out Destination Highways book and map and created a route south of Spokane.

ivTDBTt.jpg

The ride was even better because Linda joined me. We have Sena 20s headsets and enjoy talking about the things we see on the road.

The landscape is very different from the Seattle area. Horizons are visible instead of being closed in a wall of trees on mountains giving Spokane a very open feeling. It is a nice change.

We start out in Hangman Valley where there is lots of pine trees. As we proceed south the terrain change to rolling farm land.
MzWMxfu.jpg

ZXhNXuk.jpg

Blind turns and roller coaster tarmac are the norm. Nice. Exciting. Different. People driving cars wave hello as they drive by - whoa. After 46 years of riding the same roads 500 times different is good.

Linda and I had a great day. Enjoy the photos.

qDVeXZX.jpg

VIFcqCP.jpg

Nqr9bbG.jpg

cenp4NY.jpg

yAbftJI.jpg

vvAh7ou.jpg

AZCACOIDMTNVNMORUTWAWYsm.jpg

Learn the roads well Jim. I find you one day and you can show me around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, great pix as usual. Kudos on your move. You're now in a little bit of motorcycling heaven for sure!

You and Linda need to remount and run back down south and then up to the top of Steptoe Butte. (Stay to the left at the top for the true summit) Take your camera!!! The best views in the Palouse and some fun history as well.

Keep Going!

0Rpr2DXl.jpg

LyOCXvwl.jpg

The rolling hills of the Palouse, you're gonna love some of these roads. Nice choice for a 1st trip. Although, you need to turn into Rockford and stop at Frednecks for a drink. Excellent little bar, very biker friendly.

One area that is beautiful and a great ride is the East side of Lake Cour d' Alene. Nice secondary roads and beautiful scenery.

Latest posts