Last Ride of the Year -- Stagecoach 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Hud

Just another blob of protoplasm using up your oxyg
Reaction score
December 30 29, Stagecoach Cafe, Stockton, AL. Usually December 30.

Can't seem to find anything official. (Is there ever anything official?) Best Google find was an announcement from Palmetto BMW Riders.

I'll be there barring simultaneous rain and cold. No, I don't do Streets, because I understand that's MTF only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw something on the ST Owners forum and a couple comments on the The Annual Last Ride of the Year - Stagecoach RTE Facebook page.

Many thanks, sir. Us non-FB guys often find ourselves out of the loop.

Gracias. Initial dumbass post corrected.

Not sure at the moment. Dealership's working on my shift fork(s) as I type. Repairs should be finished in time, but I don't want to commit to the ride and then un-commit at the last minute.

Yamaha is hassling the dealer about repairing it under YES coverage, and that has introduced delay into the entire process. What's YES for if not to cover something like this?

Will post the entire story when it's finished.

Hope to see some other FJR's there...assuming I can make it out of NY. I'll be joining the ST-owners crew at the Monterey Mexican Grill for chow the night before.

It's been a couple of yrs since the last time there. 101st & I had a crazy ride home through pouring rain in Pensacola with a spare tire from a trailer in the middle of the lane that we didn't see until the last moment. I'm writing about it here because we didn't hit it...

It's been a couple of yrs since the last time there. 101st & I had a crazy ride home through pouring rain in Pensacola with a spare tire from a trailer in the middle of the lane that we didn't see until the last moment. I'm writing about it here because we didn't hit it...
…and so, do you want to make the ride and see if the tire is still there?
weirdsmiley.gif

Seriously Jim, I am on the fence with this ride… shake the fence one way or the other.

Maybe I can get motivated and do a BBG on the way there. I could end up in Mims with mileage that would put me

at 1500 miles when we reach there (?) OR end up in Mims with 500 down and a SS1000 left if you want to pull off a SS1000. (?)

I am not sure about going either, and it's coming up. I guess I need to drag the FJR out and at least get it ready; overdue for that anyway. Have you made a res at the hotel by chance?

I don't care about a cert, other than I could be an end witness for you if needed.

We had wanted to go to Key West over NYE but no openings on base last I checked, and we just got home last week from an overseas outing.

I am not sure about going either, and it's coming up. I guess I need to drag the FJR out and at least get it ready; overdue for that anyway. Have you made a res at the hotel by chance?
I don't care about a cert, other than I could be an end witness for you if needed.

We had wanted to go to Key West over NYE but no openings on base last I checked, and we just got home last week from an overseas outing.
No reservations yet, still on the fence about going. I have not done a December cert. ride yet, so either way I would like to

make an attempt. W/O fuel cell… so witnesses will probably be the way to go with all the fuel stops.

Shit. Shift fork from Japan will not arrive until Jan 4. Looks like I'm out.

<edit 10 mins later> Wait a minute! Let me see if my wife's FZ-07 is busy on December 30! <edit 15 mins later> It's available, so this ride's back on the calendar ... unless -- as always -- rain and cold arrive together.

Would be nice to shake your hand again, fljab.

Chilly to cold tomorrow, not bad, but 40-60% rain is not cool on a naked 700 cc bike.

Im out.