Interesting Comment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To some motorcycling is just a hobby or less. They are the people who have a bike squirreled away in a shed or under a tarp, ride a few weekends a year for maybe 1,000 miles, have no interest in learning how to ride proficiently or care for the bike, but love to sport their biker clothing. That is a hobbiest.

Last edited by a moderator:
To some motorcycling is just a hobby or less. They are the people who have a bike squirreled away in a shed or under a tarp, ride a few weekends a year for maybe 1,000 miles, have no interest in learning how to proficiently ride or care for the bike, but love to sport their biker clothing. That is a hobbiest.
^^^ Kinda like some Harley owners we all know.
bike.gif

Hobby Riders: The folks that won't ride unless it's 80 degrees and sunny. Bikes are absolutely pristine. 10-year-old bike has like 800 miles on it.

Some people die living, some live to die. All about choices.

That doesn't mean going out and meeting ones end on the MC, just means riding is living.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rbentnail" data-cid="1408820" data-time="1541940470"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CollingsBob" data-cid="1408785" data-time="1541871172"><p>...Motorcycles are life</p></blockquote>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Panman" data-cid="1408817" data-time="1541910361"><p>.., just means riding is living.</p></blockquote>

From another perspective are the overzealous. Anyone who takes anything too fanatically be it football, religion, motorcycling, etc., is either boring or dangerous and is either way a person to be avoided in conversation and company. </p></blockquote>

I was going to say:

Allowing a cold, inanimate object that spends most of its time

in an unheated garage to define who and what you are as a

person?

That describes someone too shallow to be capable of any

meaningful interpersonal relationships.

But that whole Live to ride. Ride to live. bullshit just sounds

like a tag line on a lifestyle advertisement.

Sadly, many buy into the trap without figuring it out for

themselves.

Ive been riding nearly 40 years. Its been a very large part of

my life and will continue to do so. But given different circumstances, it could just as easily been a surfboard.

My father raced, my uncles rode, both my grandfathers rode..my mother rode. I had no choice, it’s genetic. I’ve been riding since I was 13 and I just turned 65.

Mistresses are more expensive in the long run.

I never go more two days without riding.

I need a car to haul stuff home from the store and when the wife doesn't want to travel by bike. If I didn't have those two problems I wouldn't own a car at all. I am thinking I need a third bike too.

Now I got myself thinking.....hhhmmmmm.
punk.gif