2014 Rider modes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sport and Touring mode no difference. Has anybody had a problem telling the difference between Sport and Touring mode? I see no difference whatsoever. I think it may be stuck in Touring mode though. It doesnt seem to pull the way my 2007 FJR did. I bought the 2014 in December of last year. Of course the 07 didnt have ride modes.

Maybe a stuck "Or Gate"....
grin.gif

You do realize the throttle needs to be completely closed when you operate the switch?

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll know the difference if it's switching modes. Tour takes a lot more throttle twist to make it go, sport gets with it right now...

~G

Sorry I can't help you, McRide, although I do like your signature line. (Search for this issue and/or post up the question in Troubleshooting or Tech/Mech Problems.)

As for the Palmetto State Craver: there is a drastic difference between S-mode and T-mode. So much so that I almost slid off the back of my seat after picking the bike up from a service visit. Techs had shifted to Sport for the ... ahem ... check-out ride, and forgot to shift it back. Thank goodness I have a topbox installed!

As said above, check that the dash indication changes. You slide the S->T switch; you don't push it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll know the difference if it's switching modes. Tour takes a lot more throttle twist to make it go, sport gets with it right now...
~G
Changing from Touring to Sport Mode does not change the power, just how quick you get it. It seems to effectively change the throttle from a half turn throttle to a quarter turn.