Source for Westco or Odyssey Battery for '06/'07 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EffBee

Reaction score
Anyone know if they make an aftermarket Westco or Odyssey for the '06/'07 FJR? Can't seem to locate one for the new bikes.

Thanks.

Anyone know if they make an aftermarket Westco or Odyssey for the '06/'07 FJR? Can't seem to locate one for the new bikes.
Thanks.
Someone first has to check the Yamaha Parts Catalog to see if the generation 2 batteries are the same as the generation 1 batteries. I don't have the parts catalog or I would do it for you.

If it is the same, you use this:

WestCo Sealed AGM Batteries at SportbikeEffects

Thanks.
Someone first has to check the Yamaha Parts Catalog to see if the generation 2 batteries are the same as the generation 1 batteries. I don't have the parts catalog or I would do it for you.

If it is the same, you use this:

WestCo Sealed AGM Batteries at SportbikeEffects

Thanks for your reply. The OEM battery for the '07 is a GT14B-4 battery. The manufacturer is GS. The Yamaha part number is 5EA-82100-11-00.

The Westco listed on SportbikeEffects for the '03-'05 FJR is designed to replace a 12V14B-4, per your website. Are the GT14B-4 and the 12V14B-4 batteries the same? Obviously 12V stands for 12-volt. But can we assume that the fact that each battery ends with 14B-4 means they're the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Yamaha online parts catalog they are the same number (I checked '05 & '07):

5EA-82100-11-00

According to the Yamaha online parts catalog they are the same number (I checked '05 & '07): 5EA-82100-11-00
Thanks, Mike. I've had the bike apart for a couple of weeks laying in some farkle wiring (Freeway Blaster horns, MotoLights, Powerlet plug, dash-mounted Gerbing Control, Datel meter, heated grips, etc) and got 'er buttoned up yesterday. Battery had drained (yes, I checked for static drain and there's none), and when I went to start the bike I got a couple of spins of the crank and then the solenoid clicking. So, while I try and revive it with my Battery Tender, I thought I'd pursue future options.

I'll give Sportbike Effects a call if/when I need a new one.