Mid range problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sittonb

Reaction score
Brand new 07, with G2 mod, and throttle spring relaxed one turn.

TBS was checked, and the bike idles fine (not sure of idle speed)

Noticed from day one that it acted like I was riding into a strong head wind, the bike would stutter. act like it was hit with a gust of wind......

Thought maybe just new, or this bike has more fairing, bigger sail etc.

Began to notice it more and more, acceleration is fine, from stop is fine, just at a crusing speed, a steady speed it does this.

Then today while it was on the center stand I had it running, idleing fine and slowly brought it up to about 3500-4000 RPM, it coughes, backfired, stuttered, you name it. Rolled it back down, idled fine. Did this 4-5 times and it repeated every time.

Now thinking this is what I am feeling and not wind, etc.

Any ideas? I will get a PCIII but that's a month or so away. THe 600 mile check is coming up, but as most, don't really trust the stealership to do anything.....

In this particular case, with the bike being so new, I would go ahead and take it in..... quite possibly, you might have a glitch in your ECU, and if so, you definitely want Yamaha to pay for a new one.

Though there could be any number of reasons to cause this behavior. Regardless, it ain't right, and may potentially be expensive to fix, so..... it might be time for a warranty call.....

Last edited by a moderator:
My 06 did the same thing...removed the G2 and problems went away. Go figure.

Oh yeah, also no PC installed.

Last edited by a moderator: