SO-FLO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesK

Got to ride
Reaction score
Looked around and it seams like there is no meetings or group (at least on this forum) for the FJR owners who are unfortunate enough to be living in flaaaat and boooaring South Florida.

I am still suffering serious twisties withdrawals, having only recently moved to S FL from Japan, where good roads, and awesome twisties were in abundance :rolleyes: . Unfortunately I don't think these twisties addiction is going to ease up anytime soon :dribble:

I wanted to start a topic that would address two things:

1. check if there is any interest from the SFL locals in organizing some kind of a regular (say monthly) meeting/brunch. If anyone is interested pls speak up with suggestions for venues, dates, etc.

2. find out how many locals are interested in doing rides out to where they have some decent roads.

My first suggestion is to make a pilgrimage out to Deal's Gap (and soon).

Given the distances involved it would make sense to plan this for a long weekend. Looking at a 2007 calendar I can see there are two possible dates:

1. Sep 1-3

2. Oct 6-8

One idea would be to leave on Fri night, arriving there in the early hours of the morning, get some sleep, and have the whole day (an early start would be preferable) Sunday to ride.

Get an early start back on Monday morning.

Could anyone interested pls categorize the two dates in order that would be best for them?

Tail of the Dragon

dgMapL.jpg

Now this is what I call a road :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
there have been a few failed attempts at getting so-flo going...

i'm up to try monthly meets again...

having totaled one fjr on the dragon tail, and lived to tell the tale, not going back....

James,

I reccommend that you re-post this in the Southeast section. I missed it when you first posted it.

Bob

James, looks like there might be a little interest.

Any suggestions of where/when to have a South FL meet, greet and ride session?

Also anyone planning on going from South FL to the Eastern Owners Meeting in Lewisburg, WV, on September 14-16th (about 1,000 miles from Ft Lauderdale)?

Bob

Keep the updates coming; I might be interested in jumping in with a group headed north to the Gap as you exit FL.

Matt

Hi James,

A group of S FL FJR owners are meeting this Sunday Sep 2nd at 8:30am for breakfast at John Gs restaurant at the east end of Lake Worth Rd (by the pier).

A few of us are heading up to Lewisburg, WV for the 2007 EOM Sep 14-17 so we want to talk about the ride up.

However all FJR owners are welcome as this is also a good opportunity to meet everyone.

I am also in Coral Springs. I am meeting another rider Sun at 7am at the McDonalds on Coral Ridge near the Sawgrass.

You are welcome to join us for the ride up to John Gs.

Julio

I am a west coaster by tampa. Coral springs is on the east coast? If you could give me an address i can google for directions. thanks Everett

Errr, there are a few curves in FL (but not south FL). Try US 98 from Perry to Port St. Joe in the panhandle. Right on the Gulf & has a few twists in it. Also check out motorcycleroads.us for scenic & curvy stretches (put 'em together and you've got a scurvy ride).

Welcome to Florida
11 curves in 318 miles...