The WHY NOT 2023 is a reality!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I finally got off my butt and booked my room. I will not be bringing my buddy with my old (08) FJR since I found out he is afraid of corners and I spent almost the entire WCG babysitting. This run should be a lot quicker for me, not to mention a little closer to home. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Ever been to Hell's Canyon? Never heard of it. So off I go toward Hell's Canyon and man what a ride. Smokey as hell and couldn't see much of it but talk about twistie roads. Was on the road for 9 hours and had gone about 250 miles. The road along the river (Snake?) toward Boise was as crooked as Hell's Canyon road. Got some wear on the edge of the tires for once.
Tried to look up what route you may have taken, not sure I have it right because it doesn't look like there is one of certainty. Could you maybe elaborate as to the roads you took? Planning on riding around that area and would be interested in off the usual path riding.

Thanks

Okay, I finally got off my butt and booked my room. I will not be bringing my buddy with my old (08) FJR since I found out he is afraid of corners and I spent almost the entire WCG babysitting. This run should be a lot quicker for me, not to mention a little closer to home. Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Good news Eddy! It will be good to see you again and we glad your gonna make it!

OK folks we are nearing the deadline for registration for the event, dinner and shirt orders! We have to close registration August 20th so they can coordinate the dinner and we get our shirts on time!

If your name is in RED you commited but have not yet registered, please do so if you could. I think I have proofread the list below but the other image is registrations to date.

COMMITEDS
1. Auburn + 1 - COMMITED!
2. PhatAir4Me +1 - COMMITED!
3. AdamK - Book a room to make your place on the list permenant! - COMMITED!
4. Panman - Misc ramblings coming out of your radio! Squelch it and book a room sir! - COMMITED!
5. Eddie Rascal - Leaving it to Beaver! - COMMITED!
6. SkooterG - What happened! - COMMITED!
7. Bugnatr + Buddy - I knew you could do it! - COMMITED!
8. FJRWalker - You voted in the primaries - Step up to the ballot box now! - COMMITED!
9. Rocnsanman - WTF does that handle mean? - Skip the answer by booking now! - COMMITED?
10. Squad51 - Leaving the set of EMERGENCY to make an appearance! - COMMITED!
11. Niehart - Didja see the effin pies they make at the restaurant??? - COMMITED!
12. EscapeFJRrtist - Hop skip and a jump for you, just don't jump on the wrong side of the fence! - COMMITED!
13. Robert - I don't thinkg we met but we will be stocked to make the acquaintance! - COMMITED!
14. Oface - JSNS - COMMITED!
15. wjbertrand - Yup he's gonna make a stand! - COMMITED!
16. Harper - No Valley PTA but I got dinner and reuben fixed! Whatcha got?? Book it now sir!- COMMITED!
17. BigJohnSD - Wouldn't have been the same without ya! - COMMITED!
18. Sacramento Mike - Here he comes straight from the State Capitol! - COMMITED!
19. WingShot - Coming to the party! - COMMITED!
20. Dale_I - COMMITED!
21. Archer - COMMITED!
22. n2osx +1 - COMMITED!
23. saread +1 - Glad you read this thread and will be there! - COMMITED!
24. JREW - COMMITED!
25. NorCalFJR - He made it work! -COMMITED!
26. Ignacio - Looking forward to meeting! - COMMITED!
27. Hair - Coming to the party! - COMMITED!
29. Brodie - Dragging Robert along! - COMMITED!

1692128729659.png

Last edited:
OK folks we are nearing the deadline for registration for the event, dinner and shirt orders! We have to close registration August 20th so they can coordinate the dinner and we get our shirts on time!

If your name is in RED you commited but have not yet registered, please do so if you could. I think I have proofread the list below but the other image is registrations to date.

COMMITEDS
1. Auburn + 1 - COMMITED!
2. PhatAir4Me +1 - COMMITED!
3. AdamK - Book a room to make your place on the list permenant! - COMMITED!
4. Panman - Misc ramblings coming out of your radio! Squelch it and book a room sir! - COMMITED!
5. Eddie Rascal - Leaving it to Beaver! - COMMITED!
6. SkooterG - What happened! - COMMITED!
7. Bugnatr + Buddy - I knew you could do it! - COMMITED!
8. FJRWalker - You voted in the primaries - Step up to the ballot box now! - COMMITED!
9. Rocnsanman - WTF does that handle mean? - Skip the answer by booking now! - COMMITED?
10. Squad51 - Leaving the set of EMERGENCY to make an appearance! - COMMITED!
11. Niehart - Didja see the effin pies they make at the restaurant??? - COMMITED!
12. EscapeFJRrtist - Hop skip and a jump for you, just don't jump on the wrong side of the fence! - COMMITED!
13. Robert - I don't thinkg we met but we will be stocked to make the acquaintance! - COMMITED!
14. Oface - JSNS - COMMITED!
15. wjbertrand - Yup he's gonna make a stand! - COMMITED!
16. Harper - No Valley PTA but I got dinner and reuben fixed! Whatcha got?? Book it now sir!- COMMITED!
17. BigJohnSD - Wouldn't have been the same without ya! - COMMITED!
18. Sacramento Mike - Here he comes straight from the State Capitol! - COMMITED!
19. WingShot - Coming to the party! - COMMITED!
20. Dale_I - COMMITED!
21. Archer - COMMITED!
22. n2osx +1 - COMMITED!
23. saread +1 - Glad you read this thread and will be there! - COMMITED!
24. JREW - COMMITED!
25. NorCalFJR - He made it work! -COMMITED!
26. Ignacio - Looking forward to meeting! - COMMITED!
27. Hair - Coming to the party! - COMMITED!
28. Jeff B. - Riding with Hair - COMMITED!
29. Brodie - Dragging Robert along! - COMMITED!

View attachment 5210
I thought I’d registered a month ago but not on this list so just re-registered. I owe you for the dinner , do you do Cashapp?
Thanks, Tom garrett

You know JP this is making me smile, years ago it seems to me the old and slow geezer squad pulled into a gas station some where around 27th and Hwy 20n late for dinner at the Best Western hosted by FJRay and the Harvest Depot. Your eyes were a bit wide wondering what was with all of the FJR's. We told you about the FJR forum and community and Rays gathering and you have blessed us with Great Friday night Bar and food for a while now.
Now this Baker City deal, thank you Mel and JP for giving up your time and effort to do this.
Thanks.

Just Booked a room at the Hotel! Will be planning to come with my riding buddy, Jeff Bertrand. We are good friends with AdamK, but he might not be willing to admit that! I'll be on my 2016FJR, Jeff will be on his Super Tenere.
Just realized you and Jeff are coming Hal! Looking forward to seeing you both there!!

I thought I’d registered a month ago but not on this list so just re-registered. I owe you for the dinner , do you do Cashapp?
Thanks, Tom garrett
I think you wavered sir as you were having issues with an error code I believe it was something like SH46, I hope you got that rectified.

I can do PayPal or Venmo and you already said you don't want to sign up for PayPal...

You know JP this is making me smile, years ago it seems to me the old and slow geezer squad pulled into a gas station some where around 27th and Hwy 20n late for dinner at the Best Western hosted by FJRay and the Harvest Depot. Your eyes were a bit wide wondering what was with all of the FJR's. We told you about the FJR forum and community and Rays gathering and you have blessed us with Great Friday night Bar and food for a while now.
Now this Baker City deal, thank you Mel and JP for giving up your time and effort to do this.
Thanks.
Round 'bout '15 it were!
People ask me "so you belong to a club", no it's more like a group of geriatric riders that get together to ride, laugh and add embellishment to the same story they told last year. We drool over farkles, tales of lore and have been known to drink a whiskey or two.
Like the lyric I adopted from Metallica years ago - "It's not the way you wear your hair it's what's inside your head", I have found this group for the most part has good shit in their heads and enjoy the camaraderie.
Ray started a thing here in Oregon and a piece of me didn't want that to die with the man. His presence on the forums, events, and in person cut a large swath and will always be remembered fondly!
Motorcycling is not a growing sport and our participation in the Why Not will hopefully not only slow the atrophy of the sport but fill a void left in our area.
I show people I love em by cooking them food and Mel is just a special, special lady and 25 years of hanging out with me has not dulled that!
While I won't have home base 24 miles from the event we will do our best and if it works out there could be a Why Not 2024.🏍️