Fuel sender help??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomosnow

Reaction score
After 5 years (almost )of ownership I have something to complain about :angry2: .My fuel sender is giving me a false reading . The thing goes on reserve at 200 kms or 120 miles and won't go over 3/4 when filled right to the top.

I checked the manual and it says if resistance isn't in spec REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP!!!!

I won't be doing that any time soon are they really a unit? Why would it screw up when the tank has never been off the bike??? I guess I can bend the arm to calibrate it or... just set the trip meter and live with the flashing indicater. Note bike has onlt 23600 mileson it .

Anybody else out there have a similar problem??Thanks in advance for any help.

After 5 years (almost )of ownership I have something to complain about :angry2: .My fuel sender is giving me a false reading . The thing goes on reserve at 200 kms or 120 miles and won't go over 3/4 when filled right to the top.I checked the manual and it says if resistance isn't in spec REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP!!!!

I won't be doing that any time soon are they really a unit? Why would it screw up when the tank has never been off the bike??? I guess I can bend the arm to calibrate it or... just set the trip meter and live with the flashing indicater. Note bike has onlt 23600 mileson it .

Fuel pump and gauge is all one beastie. My gauge took a crap, but the bike ran fine for the 1500 or so miles I ran it before the part came in. Gauge went from fine to losing bars as if to a severe fuel leak, then when I refilled the bike, it read full for about 5 miles then blinked down to reserve flashing within about 10 miles. Rode it with the flashing and reverse trip odometer without any problems - I stayed on top of resetting my other trip odometer when fueling and didn't go over 200 miles/tank - no worries. My replacement gauge is calibrated way off from the one that came with the bike, but I've always relied pretty heavily on the trip odometer, so haven't run her dry yet.

After 5 years (almost )of ownership I have something to complain about :angry2: .My fuel sender is giving me a false reading . The thing goes on reserve at 200 kms or 120 miles and won't go over 3/4 when filled right to the top.I checked the manual and it says if resistance isn't in spec REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP!!!!

Fuel pump and gauge is all one beastie. My gauge took a crap, but the bike ran fine for the 1500 or so miles I ran it before the part came in. Gauge went from fine to losing bars as if to a severe fuel leak, then when I refilled the bike, it read full for about 5 miles then blinked down to reserve flashing within about 10 miles. Rode it with the flashing and reverse trip odometer without any problems - I stayed on top of resetting my other trip odometer when fueling and didn't go over 200 miles/tank - no worries. My replacement gauge is calibrated way off from the one that came with the bike, but I've always relied pretty heavily on the trip odometer, so haven't run her dry yet.

Thanks RsvlFeej I think I will do the same and use the trip meter like we all did in the good old days.