06 front turn sig/running light- what bulb?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioFJR1300

Reaction score
Does any one know what bulb is in the turn signal /running light? I have a running light that is not working and it seems like a bit of work to get to it. I'd like to have the correct bulb on hand so I can change it. The manual says; "Front turn signal/position light: 12 V, 21 W/5.0 W × 2" but does not list the bulb number.

Anyone know what it is? Thanks :blink:

An 1157 is almost identical, and available even at Wal-Mart. Japanese and European bikes always come with 21/5s, which means 5W on running/tail lights, and 21 for the signals/brakes. Similarly, the rear turn signal ones are 21s (no running lights), and you can substitute them with 1156s. Hope this helps.

JC

The 1157 has a round, twist lock metal base. The front turn signal, running lamp has a wedge non-metal base.

This is for an '04 FJR. The '06 could be different.

This is for an '04 FJR. The '06 could be different.
Oops! Thought all 21/5s had round bases. I changed my rear turn signal bulbs to 'chrome' Silverstars, and they had the round base. However, haven't touched (nor seen) the front bulbs on my '07, so they could either have a round or flat base, now that you made the point 21/5s can be flat as well. Sorry about that. Later.

JC

Last edited by a moderator: