G2 Throttle Installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rondo777

Reaction score
I have an 06AE with heated grips. I removed the skin from thumb installing my ThrottleMeister. I have no idea what the throttle assembly even looks like but I just ordered a G2 and I'm already anticipating the installation. My main concerns are how to completely remove the grips without destroying them as I want to use the factory grips over the new G2 tube. The other big concern is not understanding how the factory heated grips are physically installed. Are the heating elements imbedded in the grip itself? Are they wrapped around the tube then covered by the grip? Any advice would be great, I know that this is very popular farkel so I'm hoping not to have reinvent the wheel. Please excuse me if this has already been posted, I tried to do a search but came up blank

Thanks, Ron

The Air Compressor is your friend...

img-0138-small.jpg

Same method to apply Grip Puppies... Just fire up the compressor and blow it into the grips and pull...

The heating elements in the factory grips are within the grip itself. Do be gentle, or you'll be paying alot to replace them.

I used the air from the outside end and put the nozzle between the plastic throttle slide and the rubber grip. Once the air was on it then just slipped off. Pretty cool and actually quite easy.

Be careful when reinstalling the housing that holds the throttle tube. There is a little plastic tit that should be positioned in a little indentation in the handlebar. This makes sure you throttle cable is properly aligned.

Mac

Thanks folks, everything you all posted was helpfull and the install went great. I love the G2, much smoother throttle tranition at lower speeds