Bolt size?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottyfizz

Reaction score
When I removed the battery from my FJR a month ago. I lost the bolt that holds the clamp together over the battery. Anyone know what size it is. I could always use a zip tie but. Thanks for any info.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can check here for the actual part number, but I don't think you'll find the bolt specs...

(For the 2005 model that bolt can be found in the 'Frame' diagram.)

I have highway peg mounts avaiable for 2006 and 2007 with motavation sliders or skway sliders contact me at [email protected] Leo
Here are a couple of pictures of lrider's peg setup...

DSC00498.jpg
Does anyone know where I can buy the exact pegs depicted in the photo?
If you have a tap and die set, you can see what tap fits. If not, I can take a look at my bike and measure the threads with the gauge I have. Let me know.

You can check here for the actual part number, but I don't think you'll find the bolt specs...
(For the 2005 model that bolt can be found in the 'Frame' diagram.)

Jesus those numbers are small. Looks like item #60 and part number#91317-00012-00. Thanks for the info. And man those numbers are small. Sucks to get old.

Thanks.

I have highway peg mounts avaiable for 2006 and 2007 with motavation sliders or skway sliders contact me at [email protected] Leo
Here are a couple of pictures of lrider's peg setup...

DSC00498.jpg
Does anyone know where I can buy the exact pegs depicted in the photo?
If you have a tap and die set, you can see what tap fits. If not, I can take a look at my bike and measure the threads with the gauge I have. Let me know.
That would be great. I would assume this is a common bolt size.

When I removed the battery from my FJR a month ago. I lost the bolt that holds the clamp together over the battery. Anyone know what size it is. I could always use a zip tie but. Thanks for any info.
Lost? Have you taken apart the lower fairing yet? Stuff dropped tends to end up there in the nose, among other tricky spots.

W/o taking my bike apart, I can't tell you the bolt size for sure. Oh what the heck............

It's a 6mm x 1.0mm pitch x 12mm long bolt, (on my '04). Now go hit the hardware store and pick up one in stainless steel.

Forgot to add, it takes a 5mm allen wrench, just to complete the info.

This will be a common metric size. Without taking mine apart I would guess a M5 or M6 X 15 - 20mm long X 1.25 thread, socket head cap. They should be cheap at your local Lowes or Home Depot. No need to visit the dealer.

--G

Edit, I see OC beat me to the punch...Good Luck

Thanks folks. What I did was loosin the bolt half way off. Then I rode about 10 miles to my aunts house to store it for the winter. Yep it was gone when I got there. Retarded I am.

Thanks folks. What I did was loosin the bolt half way off. Then I rode about 10 miles to my aunts house to store it for the winter. Yep it was gone when I got there. Retarded I am.
Retarded might be a little harsh. :) Everyone gets distracted now and then. There is a -really- good chance that it's just fallen down in the lower fairing somewhere. They are easy to remove, though if it's some place else and not easy to work on there, the hardware store option is pretty simple too. And bonus, you'll have an extra bolt later when you finally take the fairing off some day! ;)

Retarded might be a little harsh. :) Everyone gets distracted now and then. There is a -really- good chance that it's just fallen down in the lower fairing somewhere. They are easy to remove, though if it's some place else and not easy to work on there, the hardware store option is pretty simple too. And bonus, you'll have an extra bolt later when you finally take the fairing off some day! ;)

It's enough of a pain in the ass just to get the battery out!

Stop over to Batteries Plus. They have all that stuff. They have the thick rectangular nuts that help when you try to start the bolt. Cheap or free - depends on the employee you run into.