• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Powdercoating service available

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi gang, since I started powdercoating some of my racks, backrest brackets, and light brackets, I have been very pleased with how flawless the finish can come out, not to mention the durability of the coating. I thought that there may be a few other riders that may have a few parts they want coated as well. I know that here locally, there are only a couple of shops that do it and they have at least a $50 minimum charge. Right now, I have a few basic colors, but am trying to match Galaxy Blue and hope to have it in a few weeks.

Send me a PM if you wish to pursue it further. B)

Happy Thanksgiving...

Maybe later, not ready for anything specific yet. Giving some (unspecific) information on location would be a good idea. I think you would get more inquiries with the increased volume of activity at st.n sport-touring.net ;)

I would love to do the swingarm, but am unwilling to dissasemble the final drive, and fear damage to components and seals from the heat involved. I love the finish, but the process makes it tough to do similar pieces, though it's great on non-sealed or bare parts, such as the trees etc.

At the moment, I don't have the room for wheels. I am considering building a larger oven, based on demand. Also, there may be a concern about warpage from the 400 deg heat. This is only a small hobby and I've found that commercial coaters won't touch a project for less than $50...

Hey Garauld,

How about doing some of these in black? Interested parties could have Skyway send them to you, then you could send them to the end users. Kinda like a group buy. If so, $$$?

Great idea! I can coat them for $8 each and then Priority mail them to the end owner for another $4 making $12 total. I think the satin black is the best color for that install. If anyone wants theirs done, let Skyway know. You can then send me a $12 check:

Gary Crowley

61 Johnsmith Rd.

Binghamton, NY 13901

Thanks. ;)

garauld, I think I asked this in a email and you said you weren't sure, but how about the mounting for the Givi 46 topcase? Either Galaxy Blue or Silver. Cost/time? Thanks. Jim

Also, there may be a concern about warpage from the 400 deg heat.
Not to worry, we had the wheels on our endurance bikes powder coated as they get pretty chewed up with tire changes every race weekend. I also had the wheels on my Pearl White R1100RS done in black and it looks fantastic! No warping enountered on any of the dozen plus wheels.

You will, however, need new bearings for the front wheels on shafties and both wheels on chain or belt drive.

Gerauld, are you able to powdercoat aluminum in a clearcoat finish? I use one of those billet GPS mounts by Gadget Guy, (gadgetguy.net). I purchased it in the plain (machined) finish and would like it clearcoated to prevent corrosion. I think the black finish he offers would make too much of a heat sink in the hot sun. I have contacted skyway about getting a few CC mounts for my fjr and some of my other bikes and would like to ship the whole lot, with my GPS mount, to you at one shot, if you can accomodate me. :rolleyes:

Hi Toynut, I have clear gloss powder and can do it for you. Cost would be about $10 plus shipping, probably $14 total as I use USPS Priority mail. Send me a PM to pursue.

Thanks! B)