2010 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
SW-FOG 2010 (September 16 – 19, 2010)

I am already receiving emails pertaining to people reserving rooms and inquiring about the dinner for Saturday night (September 18, 2010).

Here is information concerning room Reservations and/or Dinner.

BeemerDonS (Don Stanley) will be Ride Leader coordinating our rides during the event.

Best Western Kachina Lodge

413 Paseo del Pueblo Norte

Taos, NM 87571-5907

Room Reservation: Contact Cheryl Webster

1-800-522-4462 or 1-575-758-2275

You MUST mention SW-FOG & Sept 16-19, 2010!

There are currently rooms set aside (15 Kings, 15 Queen/Queen & 4 Smoking King). If you need other arrangements, speak to Cheryl about them when you call.

The dinner for Saturday night Sept 18, 2010 will be Chicken and Ribs with trimmings for a cost of $18.83+tax including tip. If you want to participant in the dinner, you will be required to place your order over the phone by speaking with Cheryl Webster and your meal can be paid for at the same time you reserve your room(s) or you can pay for your meal at a later date no later than 14 days prior to the event.

We will all receive a FREE Breakfast each day and ½ off 1st drink in the lounge each evening, plus there will be specials being offered to our group throughout our stay.

I would appreciate an IM after you reserve your room and when you register for the meal to enable me to keep an accurate track of who will be attending the SW-FOG and whether you will be participating in the dinner or not. Please include your real name, Forum Handle and names of anyone attending with you.

I will post additional information as it becomes available, such as, Door Prizes!

Thanks!

Big-D (Dan Compton)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am already receiving emails pertaining to people reserving rooms and inquiring about the dinner for Saturday night (September 18, 2010).

BeemerDonS (Don Stanley) will be Ride Leader coordinating our rides during the event.

Taos, NM 87571-5907

There are currently rooms set aside (15 Kings, 15 Queen/Queen & 4 Smoking King). If you need other arrangements, speak to Cheryl about them when you call.

The dinner for Saturday night Sept 18, 2010 will be Chicken and Ribs with trimmings for a cost of $18.83+tax including tip. If you want to participant in the dinner, you will be required to place your order over the phone by speaking with Cheryl Webster and your meal can be paid for at the same time you reserve your room(s) or you can pay for your meal at a later date no later than 14 days prior to the event.

We will all receive a FREE Breakfast each day and ½ off 1st drink in the lounge each evening, plus there will be specials being offered to our group throughout our stay.

I would appreciate an IM after you reserve your room and when you register for the meal to enable me to keep an accurate track of who will be attending the SW-FOG and whether you will be participating in the dinner or not. Please include your real name, Forum Handle and names of anyone attending with you.

I will post additional information as it becomes available, such as, Door Prizes!

Thanks!

Big-D (Dan Compton)
Outstanding and fantastic work, Big-D. Thanks again for all of the very heavy lifting on this difficult SW-FOG Rally task. Bravo!

I've a call to Admin SkooterG to have this thread permanently pinned to SW-FOG header. Skooty's getting a bikini wax today!

Alaska must wait another time because we are heading east instead to the Taos gathering. It will be our first with the SW-FOG group but one of many already taken to the area for years. Many thanks to Big-D and BeemerDonS for heading this up and Admin SkooterG piecing the thread together.

MsNASCAR (pillion) and I are already booked for the 3 nights. Yes, I will have my camera with me as I'm sure everyone else will too. It is beautiful country out there and the rides sound great. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Alaska must wait another time because we are heading east instead to the Taos gathering. It will be our first with the SW-FOG group but one of many already taken to the area for years. Many thanks to Big-D and BeemerDonS for heading this up and Admin SkooterG piecing the thread together.
MsNASCAR (pillion) and I are already booked for the 3 nights. Yes, I will have my camera with me as I'm sure everyone else will too. It is beautiful country out there and the rides sound great. :yahoo: :yahoo:
pegscraper and MsNASCAR: This is fantastic news that you two will be coming to SW-FOG 2010. As a footnote to SW-FOG Attendees: pegscraper and MsNASCAR were organizers of the first two WFO's and have attended all WFO's except WFO-6, when Ed had surgery. Also, Ed was the Official Photographer of WFO-3, NAFO and CFR 2009. It was at CFR 2009 that Don and Son Seth Stanley last saw pegscraper and MsNASCAR. They are indeed a welcome addition to SW-FOG; party hearty in Taos!

...we are heading east instead to the Taos gathering.
Ed, it will be great to see you and MsNASCAR again. If I recall correctly, the last time I saw you was when you and your group were pulling into Mt. Crested Butte with some miserable rain falling on your bikes. Hopefully, SW-FOG will have better weather, and better opportunities for photos.

Or mebbe' I saw you in Santa Barbara last September? That day is a blur in my memory for some reason.

I booked the hotel for SW-FOG as well. :yahoo:
Petey, I don't know if you remember, but I sat next to you at NAFO at the closing banquet -- between you and Mark (Wheaton). Based on the stories I heard that night, I'm looking forward to trying to keep up with you for at least 1/2 mile so I can learn something about being smooth.

I'm booked too.
This is going to be some serious FUN! I can't wait to see you again, brother!

Pinhead, glad to finally see you back on the Forum. I was wondering if you had dug your way through the snow to get to your computer shed.

...we are heading east instead to the Taos gathering.
Ed, it will be great to see you and MsNASCAR again. If I recall correctly, the last time I saw you was when you and your group were pulling into Mt. Crested Butte with some miserable rain falling on your bikes. Hopefully, SW-FOG will have better weather, and better opportunities for photos.

Or mebbe' I saw you in Santa Barbara last September? That day is a blur in my memory for some reason.
pinhead,

Door #1 is the correct answer.

We rowed in from the monsoon that hit. The room you set us up with was a warm welcome. The other couple with us were Rick & Karen from Sacramento who are now (Karen will be joining later) residing in AK.

So we will be meeting up again with you, but in Taos? Will the wife be joining in the fun?

BUMP REMINDER! At least 50 FJR riders have expressed their intent to me for attending SW-FOG. Thanks to the hard work of Big-D, here's all the info for our hotel!

Taos, NM 87571-5907

Thanks!

Big-D (Dan Compton)

After reading that you had extended your stay by one day, I went ahead and did the same by adding the 15th to my reservation. I figure to ride all the way to Taos, might as well stay an additional day. It is still a ways away, so hopefully Kyndall will be able to make it also. Hell, even my wife Madeleine is contemplating going also which is surprising to me being she prefers (is scared) not to ride.

Hopefully a trip to Colorado is in my future prior to September.

Dan

I am booked also for the 16th, 17th and 18th. YAHOO! My second SW-FOG. :yahoo:

I see others are arriving the 15th. I may also have to amend my reservation by adding that glorious day also. If Pinhead and BIG-D are going early I may have to show up too.

:fans:

Glad you're coming to Taos Petey and Cometman. Should prove to be one nice weekend.

Yes Mark, I decided to extend my trip an extra day because someone needs to look after my bitch Pinhead :drinks: !! Not to mention Taos is a bit further than Page, so an extra day seems to fit right in!! :yahoo: YAHOO :yahoo:

I considered coming a day early, but if Pinhead has somebody to look after him, I guess there is no reason to.

B)

EDIT: I'll be there on the 15th--- might as well make it worth coming so far.

For what it's worth, the hotel was happy to extend the group rate to the 15th for me. It will be nice to have others there early also to, um, look after me. :rolleyes: :drinks: