• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen I windshield for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blind Squirrel

Reaction score
I have three two one windshield for sale: an original shield that has been cut down into a shorty, a California Scientific medium and a Rifle +3 that has a Gold Wing vent installed in it. Each shield is in good condition, but has been on my bike and has been ridden.

The shorty:

Yamaha-2.JPG

The Cal. Sci. medium has been spoken for:

Cal%20Sci%20Medium.jpg

The modified Rifle:

Rifle%20Windshield%20with%20vent.jpg

The pictures aren't the greatest. You are seeing a reflection on the Cal. Sci. and the Rifle, not scratches.

As to the price for each: I am willing to ship the shield of your choice to you; you pay shipping the shipping cost. If you decide to keep the shield pay me via Paypal what you think it is worth to you (I trust if you keep the shield you will set a fair price). If you do not like the shield, package it back up and ship it back to me; again you pay the shipping cost. Hit me with a PM if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd think that Rifle with the Goldwing vent works pretty well. Do the vents close?

I have a Cee Bailey flip with vent holes in it very similar to the calsci's holes. I love it!

What did you end up replacing them with?

What kind of shape is the Cal-Sci in? Mine is 3 yrs old and has about 100K on it. Getting little frosted from the road grit.

The vent can close. I now have an MRA VarioScreen-Max Windshield. If you want to try the Rifle ride on over and we can put it on your bike. ;)
Actually, I'm happy with the shield that I have. I was hoping that more info provided may help with your sale. But thank you for the offer.

If I rode over we'd have to just go out & eat. or better yet... go for a good long ride.

If you haven't seen the info, yet. There is a camping trip being planned @ Breaks Interstate Park. They even have cabins for the puss among us. Jay & I are planning to attend. We'd be leaving Norfolkianland @ noon on May 17th. Well, actually I'd probably leave from work. I'm in Chesapeake off of Volvo Pkwy.

I think that we're heading out on either 58 or 460. If interested, lets make a plan.

The vent can close. I now have an MRA VarioScreen-Max Windshield. If you want to try the Rifle ride on over and we can put it on your bike. ;)
Hey Squirrel,

Just read your other post about the Vario screen Max. There sure are a lot of choices out there. Good luck with your sale.

Gary

darksider #44

ps (edit) I just called the twisted throttle store and they said they'll be having a 10 % off discount at their tent during Daytona Bike week. Oh yeah. Thanks again for the write up on the MRA. Think I'll get one on the 17th while I'm at the track.

Actually, I'm happy with the shield that I have. I was hoping that more info provided may help with your sale. But thank you for the offer.

If I rode over we'd have to just go out & eat. or better yet... go for a good long ride.

If you haven't seen the info, yet. There is a camping trip being planned @ Breaks Interstate Park. They even have cabins for the puss among us. Jay & I are planning to attend. We'd be leaving Norfolkianland @ noon on May 17th. Well, actually I'd probably leave from work. I'm in Chesapeake off of Volvo Pkwy.

I think that we're heading out on either 58 or 460. If interested, lets make a plan.
Thanks, but on 17 May I should be almost to California. Taking a two week trip across America with three buddies. We leave Chesapeake on 5 May. :yahoo:

Thanks, but on 17 May I should be almost to California. Taking a two week trip across America with three buddies. We leave Chesapeake on 5 May. :yahoo:
I'm envious... be safe & have fun.

The shorty is with someone for evaluation and possible purchase. I should know within the next day or two if he is going to buy it or return it.

Hey Scott,

Is that Rifle with the Old Wing vent the full-on "touring" model? Sure looks like it.

If so, I've measured mine, and it is 22 1/4" from the center mounting screw to the top lip, and the stock '04-05 shield is only 16" over that same dimension. So by my ciphering, the Rifle Touring, in addition to being a whole bunch wider than the little stock shield, is also 4 1/2" taller (where it counts).

But even more, the vertical profile of the stock shields are convex, meaning they are curved back towards the rider from bottom to top. And the rifles are pretty much straight, which makes that 4 1/2" inches seem much taller.

I'm not looking to spoil any potential sales you have brewing, just wanting to make sure that folks know what they are getting into up front, so everyone is happy, happy. As I inferred, I do have that exact windshield (and also the smaller Rifle Sport shield), and I use the big boy rather religiously during the chilly winter months. It is the complete shit for winter windshields. Nothing else gives as much protection, even the V-stream (which I also tried). I kind of wish I had that groovy vent thingee in mine too. ;)