• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen I windshield for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is 24" in height from the center of the shield. It is 22 1/2" at the widest part across from the inside curve. The paperwork on it says FJR 1300 TOUR W/S CLEAR Height +3". I added the Goldwing vent, which IMO significantly cut down the buffeting I was experiencing. Very good in cool weather. I was looking for a solution so I would not have to swap shields for summer riding here in the swamppy temps/humidity of southern VA.

Gotta be the same shield then. But I don't see where it is +3, More like +6.

The reason I measure from the center screw when comparing shields is because some shields (like the Rifles in particular) hang down below that screw more than others. But it is the height above the screw hole that will determine the shield height when installed.

Here are the measurements (from the center screw hole) for each of the shields that I've tried over the years

(note - all measurements apply only to 1st gen type FJR windshields)

Stock '04-'05 = 16" (convex)

AHAMAY OEM touring = 18" (convex)

Rifle Sport = 18 3/8" (straight)

Vstream = 20 1/2" (straight)

CalSci XL = 20 3/4" (straight)

Rifle Touring = 22 1/4" (straight)

* note - straight vs convex refers to their vertical shape, which also affects shield height somewhat. All windshields are convex crosswise :rolleyes: .

Last edited by a moderator: