FJR Assistance Directory Address

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsy

667 - Neighbour of the Beast
Reaction score
** UPDATED JAN-16-2009 **

Ok folks Bungie has taken over maintenance of the Assistance list. There is a new email address to which you can send your information. It is now [email protected].

[SIZE=12pt]That address again:[/SIZE]

[email protected]

The list will be sent directly to FJRForum members who request it. I also think that everyone can offer something even just the use of a phone so if you plan to request the list you should seriously consider putting yourself on it.

Please email the information don't PM. Thx.

Here is the info we need for the list:

- FJR Forum name/handle

- First name (I hate having to call people and ask for them by handle. "Hello could I speak to Road Rash please?")

- City

- State

- Phone/Cell number

- type of assistance you can offer (Such as technical help, tools, tent space, extra bed, comraderie, able to transport bike (trailer/pick-up). Anything else you can think of.)

Remember this is supposed to be a list for emergencies. It isn't necessary to say you will help with planning a trip to your area. Afterall that is what the forum is for.

[SIZE=12pt]The address to send the information is:[/SIZE]

[email protected]

Thanks to Bungie for taking this on.

Cheers,

gypsy

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP!!

We now have 25 States, 3 Provinces and Italy listed. Here is the list of States/Provinces we DO NOT have!! So where are you from? Be the first from your State/Province to take part in this wonderful list :) :

ARIZONA

CONNECTICUT

DELAWARE

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA

HAWAII

IDAHO

KENTUCKY

LOUISIANA

MAINE

MARYLAND

MICHIGAN

MISSISSIPPI

MONTANA

NEBRASKA

NEVADA

NEW HAMPSHIRE

NORTH CAROLINA

NORTH DAKOTA

RHODE ISLAND

SOUTH CAROLINA

SOUTH DAKOTA

UTAH

VERMONT

WEST VIRGINIA

WISCONSIN

WYOMING

ALBERTA

MANITOBA

ONTARIO

QUEBEC

NEW BRUNSWICK

PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND

NEWFOUNDLAND

ASSORTED TERRITORIES

Scab those are the un-represented States I guess that wasn't clear. Alabama is among the proud States to already have representation...you! I included DC which would make 26.

gypsy

OOPS, my bad. Now we know why I am not in charge of the list. :dribble:

...just when you think you are changing the image of alabama...

Scab,

Actually it wasn't clear the list was for non-participant States. I just changed my earlier post.

As for AL we were fortunate enough to spend a year there. My wife and I didn't know what to expect when we went down South but we both loved it. Ok the summer could be less humid....otherwise we loved it. :lol:

gypsy

California, while well represented, seems sadly lacking in actual percentage of riders on the assistance list, at least on my most recent copy. When we attend group rides, there are bunches of really good people in attendance. So why do some of you (you know who you are) not participate? That was a question, BTW. :unsure:

Just sent my info, one more for Alabama!
redneck_biggrin.gif

California, while well represented, seems sadly lacking in actual percentage of riders on the assistance list, at least on my most recent copy. When we attend group rides, there are bunches of really good people in attendance. So why do some of you (you know who you are) not participate? That was a question, BTW. :unsure:
Good question Toecutter.. I don't know the answer. I joined the list; from what I've seen the FJR crowd is, ahh, older and more sensible than say a sport bike crowd.

Perhaps folks are concerned that the list will somehow get published or that they are somehow at risk of having a 'stranger' invade the home or worse yet the shop? Case it first then clean it out later?

That's my best guess. Other opinions? I really thought this list would be at least 100 strong by now.

Just added my name and info

Hope I never need to use the list

but if I do I need to help others

only right.

Hey slapnpop/ignacio: Can we get this info mined from the profiles? Obviously, an opt-in checkbox to make data available, and having the extra information (what kind of "help") stored in the mysql database.

That *would* be nice if this info could be linked to the forum database and member map. But for now, I've sent in my info to get Idaho off that list of shame. :)

Latest posts