DON'T ORDER SERVICE MANUAL YET

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLFJRRDR

Reaction score
Guess what , they shipped out the wrong manual and don't have a date for the correct one. really amazing! They will take it back though.

:rolleyes: Your correct, I received the wrong one also. They sent me a LIT11616FJ02. Its a supplement manual not for the 06. It was printed in 03. Hope the bike comes in better than the manual. Don't want to get an 03 FJR though they are good. lol. PM. <><

Last edited by a moderator:
Any UPS guys out there??? What happens if I just refuse delivery on it, will they send it back to Yamaha without me having to go through all the trouble of getting a return authorization or will I be billed anyway?

They sent me the FJR1300AS©/AS/S/SC, #LIT-11616-17-27, 5JW-28197-11.

2003 SUPPLEMENTARY MANUAL.

TEY SAID THEY WOULD REFUND THE $15.00 TWO DAY SHIPPING AS WELL.

Sonny

Any UPS guys out there???  What happens if I just refuse delivery on it, will they send it back to Yamaha without me having to go through all the trouble of getting a return authorization or will I be billed anyway?
Not UPS but one better.(FedEx) Couple choices. Call Yamaha and ask them what they prefer if you can get a hold of someone. They may just do a blanket reship of all shipped manuals. They may even let you keep the incorrect manual as it will be cheaper to let you have it versus calling ups for a pickup and paying for the return. Are all the shippments in error or just some????? You risk refusing the correct manual. Yes, it would be easier to just refuse it if Yamaha wants it back. But remember, the ups person will most likely just throw it at the door and run. So, a note on door to refuse might work. Or you will have to call ups to come get a refused package but remember not to open as 97.1% of time you cannot refuse an opened package. Hows that for a long winded delivery guy response! :eek:

You gotta love those FedEx guys, always there first. That was perfect, thanks for the information. Its such a pain in the ass in these parts to get a package reshipped so I think the UPS man will be getting a note from me.

Friends,was on line looking through e-bays FJR stuff & ran across a Servce Manual

on CD for 2004-2006 .I don't know how somebody could have a manual for

the 2006 yet -if we can't get the paper version ?

Friends,was on line looking through e-bays FJR stuff & ran across a Servce Manualon CD for 2004-2006 .I don't know how somebody could have a manual for

the 2006 yet -if we can't get the paper version ?
Because it is from eBay - the largest fencing/scam operation in the free world! :lol:

I spoke with Wanda who is with Yamaha publications Customer services, [email protected] 1-888-530-9446, who told me to just refuse the shipment when UPS shows up.

She also said that the reason the manuals were pulled from the web site was do to the fact that they were not complete.? She couldn't answer the questions about the sudden price change or why some orders were filled with outdated materials.

Waiting sucks.

I spoke with Wanda who is with Yamaha publications Customer services,  [email protected] 1-888-530-9446, who told me to just refuse the shipment when UPS shows up.She also said that the reason the manuals were pulled from the web site was do to the fact that they were not complete.?  She couldn't answer the questions about the sudden price change or why some orders were filled with outdated materials.

Waiting sucks.
I spoke with Maria at the same place and number. When I told her what manual I had ordered, she began a verbal beating that I had in fact ordered the manual they sent me. I informed her exactly what was up on their website when I ordered, which was not the manual they sent but a service manual for the US 06 FJR and the CA model 06 and she basically accused me of being a liar. I told her again what the item I ordered was and what it said, ie. LIT-11616-FJ-02 --2006 FJR13AV©. She then said that the info that was up on the site when I ordered had been changed and that she would have to credit my account wheather I returned the manual or not and that they would also have to credit the return shipping but I had to take it to the post office and return it. What the heck is all this? She would not tell me what the current manual I have is for. She did say there is no manual for the 06 yet and has no idea when it will be available. The only items they have for an 06 supposedly is the owners manuals. Anyway, no manuals yet. PM. :huh:

New member, first post. Based on history, I'm almost certain to screw

this up some way.

I ordered an '06 AE service manual Friday afternoon. Due to this

thread I checked Yamaha's website Saturday and found the service

manual for the "A" and "AE" no longer listed. I e-mailed Yamaha to

not send a manual unless it was the correct one. Monday I called and

they had my e-mail and were crediting my credit card as the service

manuals are not ready at this time.

I think the price change that has been referred to is because the

manual now listed is the owners manual not the service manual.

I thank you for the info and hope this gets through OK.

Glenn in Columbia, SC.

I spoke with Tonya, who told me that mine was the biggest, and that she was getting all we.....oh, we're not on the subject I thought here, are we? Never mind. ;) :D

I spoke with Wanda who is with Yamaha publications Customer services,  [email protected] 1-888-530-9446, who told me to just refuse the shipment when UPS shows up.She also said that the reason the manuals were pulled from the web site was do to the fact that they were not complete.?  She couldn't answer the questions about the sudden price change or why some orders were filled with outdated materials.

Waiting sucks.
I spoke with Maria at the same place and number. When I told her what manual I had ordered, she began a verbal beating that I had in fact ordered the manual they sent me. I informed her exactly what was up on their website when I ordered, which was not the manual they sent but a service manual for the US 06 FJR and the CA model 06 and she basically accused me of being a liar. I told her again what the item I ordered was and what it said, ie. LIT-11616-FJ-02 --2006 FJR13AV©. She then said that the info that was up on the site when I ordered had been changed and that she would have to credit my account wheather I returned the manual or not and that they would also have to credit the return shipping but I had to take it to the post office and return it. What the heck is all this? She would not tell me what the current manual I have is for. She did say there is no manual for the 06 yet and has no idea when it will be available. The only items they have for an 06 supposedly is the owners manuals. Anyway, no manuals yet. PM.  :huh:
I called them yesterday also to find out if I should refuse UPS delivery and got the same crap as Painman got....they didn't have a f**king clue what I was talking about until I began talking to her the same way she was talking to me, suddenly I began getting through to her. She put me on hold, came back and told me to refuse UPS delivery and they would credit my card that they had made a mistake. I got the impression that these people aren't associated with Yamaha directly (not that that makes their piss poor attitude any better)......Thought I was going to have to break out my AXE (please Lord, don't let me kill again).

Waiting sucks.
I spoke with Maria at the same place and number. When I told her what manual I had ordered, she began a verbal beating that I had in fact ordered the manual they sent me. I informed her exactly what was up on their website when I ordered, which was not the manual they sent but a service manual for the US 06 FJR and the CA model 06 and she basically accused me of being a liar. I told her again what the item I ordered was and what it said, ie. LIT-11616-FJ-02 --2006 FJR13AV©. She then said that the info that was up on the site when I ordered had been changed and that she would have to credit my account wheather I returned the manual or not and that they would also have to credit the return shipping but I had to take it to the post office and return it. What the heck is all this? She would not tell me what the current manual I have is for. She did say there is no manual for the 06 yet and has no idea when it will be available. The only items they have for an 06 supposedly is the owners manuals. Anyway, no manuals yet. PM.  :huh:
...a classic case of the lunatics running the asylum (over there @ Yamahaland ) perhaps? Tick, tick, tick... :assasin: