• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Light bar & dual horn wiring harness with relays..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CollingsBob

CFR2022 Rally Chair, Certified JB Welder
Reaction score
I purchased a bunch of stuff from this fellow for my Vstrom, really nicely made stuff at a good price:

https://www.adventuretech.biz/yamaha-fj-09.html

He told me he would be interested in making something up for the FJR, specifically the light bar with switch, wiring harness and a wiring harness with relays to allow dual PIAA type horns on the FJR..

Anyone interested, please contact him directly at https://www.adventuretech.biz/

Hes also on facebook Adventure Tech LLC

...and a wiring harness with relays to allow dual PIAA type horns on the FJR...
FYI. The PIAA Slimline Sports horn is the one most frequently substituted for the OEM peepers. The stock harness will drive these without auxiliary relays.

Not sure about post Gen II bikes where Yamaha went to a single horn... (Was that all Gen III+ ??)

Last edited by a moderator:
A harness for genIII PIAA horns would be nice however it is not necessary to have a relay when adding a second horn. You can make your own connection by simply adding a wire to the feed line going to the single horn. That is what I did and other as well.

The wiring can certainly handle the load of the PIAA horns, but can the switch?.. I admit to being overly cautious with anything electrical

The wiring can certainly handle the load of the PIAA horns, but can the switch?.. I admit to being overly cautious with anything electrical
the switch will be fine...many of us have done the PIAA horn mod, with no problems. Just do it

Should be fine. Current requirement isn't very different from the OEM horns. Use is typically momentary anyway. Other horns such as the Stebel draw far more current and won't operate without the relay.
Edit: I type slower!

Ahhh, thats it..on my Vstrom I used a Denali SoundBomb...amazing volume, but it did require the relays due to the current draw.

I think I’ll still get LED lights etc from Adventuretech

Latest posts