BlueFooking Tooth Woes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Ok then, oh, GREAT COLLECTIVE of Brilliant Minds!

Here's my setup.. All wonderful EXCEPT no transmit on phone to other peep..

Any ideas?

2018-06-07 BlueTooth Kicking My Ass

Should be simple, yes?

• iPhone 6s
  • Zumo 590LM
  • Valentine 1
  • Sena 20s
  • Sena SM10
  • Marc Parnes radar visual alert
Heres what I have.. Only issue... No phone audio out, e.g. transmit. Can hear, but other person can't hear me.

Any ideas?

I was gonna say drop the phone/headset pair. The phone treats the Zumo as a headset, and the Zumo's connection to a headset becomes the phone's. You've basically paired two headsets with your phone, and both are present, and the phone can't decide.

Is that Zumo to Sena connection audio out from Zumo only? If so, then Brodie's answer is better. One of those has to go, though, as your phone has two active headsets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Following this. I have yet to pair my phone with the 20s but it looks like if I do it should go straight to the sena and not the garmin. My set up isn't as elaborate as Don's but I think I get a little of it. More info guys
smile.png

I think it depends on what you want. I like having the phone controls through my Zumo so I leaned that way.

Recently got a new/refurbed 590 from Garmin so I had to start all over. First thing I did was pair my (Android) phone to the Zumo. This essentially turns the 590 into the phone. Then I put the 20S in pairing mode for 'Phone' and paired with the Zumo that way.

I have the Garmin Smartphone Link app also and it all connects ok, giving me weather, traffic, etc. Only thing that's a little wonky once in awhile is the Pandora contols but somehow I seem to get it working.

If you're having problems I'd suggest to keep checking the BT settings in your Zumo, making sure all functions are selected along with the media/phone volumes up to full on your phone. Frustrating I know. Good luck.

Make sure your Sena is updated with the latest firmware.

IIscthe microphone in your helmet working correctly? Can you talk to Sena and get her to turn on the fm radio ?

Look for something simple.

Just to remind you, any music running through the SM10 is in single channel Monaural sound. The iPhone to Sena gives you both stereo music and phone interface. You can choose to split it up, sending the phone only to the Zumo, just make sure that Sena only pairs to the music and not to the phone functions.

RTFM

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

My 595 never worked. Not for long. Under any proper configuration or pairing order. I had to make sure my helmet had no idea a phone existed, and vice versa. Something garmin swore shouldn’t be necessary. Works pretty well now.

From what I recall, the SM10 doesn't support two-way communication, so if you're trying to use your Zumo to control your phone, and the Zumo audio is coming through the SM10 (which support A2DP, BTW - so it's in stereo), anyone on the phone wouldn't hear you.

So based on your diagram, I'm curious why your phone is paired with both the Zumo and your headset.

I have a SM10 as well, but it's been a while since I've messed with it.

Mr BikerGeek99 nailed it. The SM10 is a stereo radio interface. The SR10 is the 2 way comunications interface for your CB or GMRS handsets. Like I said earlier, break the pairing to The Zumo and set up full pairing to the SENA.

Brodie

🙂