• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Suzuki DR-650 Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
The stock seat on the DR is worse that the stock FJR seat
smile.png

Looking for reasonable aftermarket options.

I have a Sargent Low that I bought from Fontanaman for my DR650. Honestly I did not like it any better than he did. I used it while I was having Fisher customize my OEM seat. I can HIGHLY recommend Fisher Upholstery for a custom seat that is still usable for effective Dual Sporting.

It is for sale but the international shipping is going to be awful.

When I get home I will post some pics on here. If you Google search Best DR650 seat there is a thread on ADVRider and I have some pics in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
OE Seat:

Sargent Low:

Side by Side:

Sargent Low on the DR:

I felt the Sargent "Low" version was too thin, too hard, too slippery and too forward sloped.

If you have a couple of weeks and about the same money, send your OE seat to Fisher's Upholstery.

I will happily sell you the Sargent but I would hate to mislead you into thinking it will fix your problems. To me all aftermarket seats are just something to use while you wait for your Custom Seat to get built.

Check out Seat Concepts, put their carbon fiber-look cover and foam kit on my DR seat pan and works fine for me.