A Moment That Gives You Pause

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
My 4 year old grandson Jack is hanging out with me in the shop. I notice him moving with a purpose with a abrasive scrub pad in his hand. I ask him what he is going to do with it. Clean!!, he says. What are you going to clean?, I ask. Motorcycles!!!!, he says. Gulp......, says I.

My 4 year old grandson Jack is hanging out with me in the shop. I notice him moving with a purpose with a abrasive scrub pad in his hand. I ask him what he is going to do with it. Clean!!, he says. What are you going to clean?, I ask. Motorcycles!!!!, he says.
Says I pointing, Grandma's bike is that one.
ftfy.

Only funny since you caught him in time.

GREAT IDEA: I'm going to start claiming all scrapes and gouges on my bike are courtesy of "helpful" grandsons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got home one day years ago, and one of my youngest came out crying and told me he was sorry. He had painted me a picture with a rock on the door of the suv. His mother knew his best chance at survival was a preemptive

strike. She was right. I couldn’t be mad at the little guy.

That exact thing with the steel wool happened to my high school art teacher. He had a nice black Yamaha cruiser. I distinctly remember YICS or something was molded into the case. Either way one day he showed up at school and parked his bike in front of his classroom. The large dull gray/black spot was hard to miss. His 4 year old daughter decided to help him wash the bike while he washed the car. She used steel wool. Oops!!

Years ago my youngest daughter wanted to wax the bike for me so I told her to wax the shiny metal parts. The first stop with well waxed brake rotors is interesting.

One of my former bosses had his young, maybe 12 or 13 year-old, nephew visiting.

The nephew asked if he could do something to help, and my bosses GF told him to get some soap from under the sink and wash her new Jeep.

He did a great job washing the new Jeep with floor stripper. New paint job for the Jeep, and first and second degree burns on nephew's hands.

I had a new 1979 Honda 750 10th anniversary edition that I had not even licensed yet and my very young step daughter played tic tac toe one the tank with a rock. She was so proud she won that she came to get me to show she had won. I had to pick her up and walk away from the bike. My neighbor belonged to a biker club and he called the paint guy for the club who came by to look at it. He came by the next nite and did a rub n buff and all was good. My step daughter was upset at him for erasing her game and he sat down and played tic tac toe on paper with her and explained why one does not play them games on cars or bikes.

It is nice to have good neighbors.