(In)Tech Day 2019

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
I know am later to the game than usual for setting this up. I am proposing to have my Tech day April 13, 2019.
Of course, as usual, Those who want to arrive Friday for valve clearance checks are welcome. I can provide information on local accommodations if anyone needs it. We did 5 clearance checks last year and that was without the Canadians!
I have tools for most any job on the FJR, however tech day isn't limited to FJR's. I have a tire changer too. If anyone wants to have anything shipped here PM me and I will provide the necessary information.
The next weekend would have been my choice, but it is Easter. Any interest?

Gonna try and make this happen this year !

Valve Check is overdue (If it doesn't happen sooner)

King George, VA is around 950… Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and knock out a cert. each way.

Bob, Can you PM me an address so I can check out motels nearby.

-Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
King George VA. No such town in PA. that I know of. Never been there south of Washington DC.

Sounds like fun a good weekend thing. Might ? make it just to BS.

King George VA. No such town in PA. that I know of. Never been there south of Washington DC.Sounds like fun a good weekend thing. Might ? make it just to BS.
Corrected it. V and P are so close on the keyboard.
no.gif

Haven't done a steering head bearing. Love to have a guinea pig, though. Although there will be more than one person there that has done it.

Count me as a maybe, Bob. I'm getting a new hip Jan 25th so maybe an overnighter will be possible, maybe not. If if I'm not riding yet I might show up with a rim and a car tire & to say hello again.

I've never made it to a Tech Day but it might be time. No Moonshine/April ride this year and the bike is coming due for it's first valve check. Can't commit until the date gets closer though.

Hmmmm. Guess I'd better get off my arse and find a new car tire. The hip is coming along nicely, now walking full time without any sort of cane assistance. Driving is no problem tho I have yet to attempt to even sit on my bike yet.