Valve check/Valve adjustment in Dallas-Ft. Worth

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cams do not need to be pulled to check the valve lash. They will, however, need to be removed if they are out of spec and need different pads installed.
That's what I was talking about. I already knew that. I checked the valves just fine and can get by with the measurements till the next check. You have to take the cams off to replace shims. I wasn't prepared to do that if it needed it. Will try to be prepared at the next check with the knowledge or help from someone that has pulled cams for a adjustment before.

GP

Ok, I took the bike over to another shop in the area and they did a diagnostic check. The codes came up and they cancelled them. No more check engine light. These guys were older experienced Tech's. All I can figure is The younger unexperienced Tech that did the first diagnostic either didn't know what he was doing or something was wrong with the computer or diagnostic program. Light is off and I'm good to go.

GP
I live in Ft Worth what shop did you use?

I'm curious what Yamaha dealership you took it to that was able to successfully reset the codes? I don't plan to take my 2013 with 24k miles to a dealer, but if I do I want to avoid the last (Irving, Tx) dealer that previous owner took bike to that left the bottom 2 triple tree pinch bolts loose (and 1 fork 1/8' higher in top triple) when doing the fork seals...

I live in Ft Worth what shop did you use?
Lone Star in Irving. The service department seemed to be competent. It's not really farther from me than the shop I usually go to in Rockwall, but you have to drive through downtown Dallas to get there and back unless you want to go 10 or 15 miles out of the way to avoid it. The traffic sucks through there most of the time. I can already tell you I will go back to Lone Star if I need any mechanical or technical problems I can't figure out on my own. I have lost confidence in the Rockwall service department. That goes for Ride Now Powersports on 635 and Plano Rd. also.

GP