CFO rally accident

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the hell did I miss this post?? :dribble:

I heard about this at the rally and was wondering how you were doing.

I hope your misfortune wasn't cause by an act you seen between Dolly and I. :blink:

I know sometimes memories these things pop into peoples heads at the wrong time..

He's hoping your feeling better Doc. :)

Just got home Tuesday night and this was my first chance to check the forum. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well and on the road to recovery. Take all the pain stuff they give you, I think you'll heal faster and be ready for next years rally.

Bones, glad to hear you were intact, even if the broken parts will take time to heal. Sounds like you did your best with what you had to work with.

One question I have: what gear were you wearing? (Jacket/pants, back protecter if any). I've heard a few folks sing the praises of products like motoport, and a few getoffs that resulted in lots of bruises but no broken parts, and I wondered if the pricier gear would have lessened the injuries.
I was wearing the tourmaster line, Air Intake 2 jacket and flex pants, solution boots and winter golves, a shoei rf-1000 helmet.

I was released on June 17th to heal at home, 2-3 month estimate, but no one really knows.

I'm healing slow but fast, more energy, can lay on my side to sleep now for 4 hrs at a time, sitting in a chair makes your ass go numb after one hour and wakes you up! It's amazing I was released only one week ago, however I still have to go along way to get back to near normal.

In the ICU they were amazed I was alive, most of their motorbike victims are Harley riders and are poorly dressed for success. Most are missing bodyparts or faces they said. When I "graduated" from the ICU to the trauma floor the guy in the next room had done 3 weeks at the hospital, his wife had about 4 more to go from their motorbike accident.

Thank you for all your encouragement. Faceless Avatars have a way of cheering me up!

As for the drugs, I initially resisted taking anything once I got home, I was opposed to the narcotic nature of it, however, after struggling with the constant stiffness and pain, I fully endorse Oxycodone stacked with tylenol.

And hey!!! Wear your gear, don't let yourself slack off... :lazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry for your demise and body damage.
He didn't demise...he survived. :clapping:
I'm very sorry that Wheaton guy said something this funny. How inconsiderate. Doesn't he know it hurts to laugh with broken ribs?

Hey, it's always good to know somebody came through such a nasty sounding adventure without actually demising, so heal up and take care. Meet you down the road one of these days.

I'm healing slow but fast, more energy, can lay on my side to sleep now for 4 hrs at a time, sitting in a chair makes your ass go numb after one hour and wakes you up!
Now that there is some good news :good:

Now that we know your on the road to recovery what's up with the bike? Do you need any help pulling off farkles, transporting it or ...

Now that we know your on the road to recovery what's up with the bike? Do you need any help pulling off farkles, transporting it or ...
The bike was a write off, the day I was released from Madison my parents drove me the 90 min to where the bike was and I stripped most stuff I could out of it. The worst was leaving the Ohlins rear shock I had just put in over christmas. :dribble: The fronts were bent. Can you just imagine, two 76 yr olds and a guy with one lung, and one shoulder on oxycodone trying to wrench a bike that is laying on its side in a dirt floored shed! :lol:

Progressive Insurance was very good to deal with in this accident. :clapping:

On a side note I was back in the ICU on 6/24 (one and a half hours after my previous post!)after my spleen decided to pop a clot and I was bleeding to death internally at 2AM. I'm home again now. Luckily my wife was alert. Docs said it was very rare to pop a clot 2 weeks after, usually it's within 48 hrs. What luck!

The adventure continues!

Last edited by a moderator: