CFO rally accident

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you are healing up. Sorry I wasn't able to deliver you personal items to you in person. I am sitting at my new / old job now, which i hadn't planned on starting for another 2.5 weeks. but they wanted me here starting today, so all the free time I thought I had disappeared.

Take care, hope to catch up with you in the near future.

Sorry about the bad accident...hope you recover fully and quickly.

Well, atleast you are Dr. Bones and not Dr. Johnson...then you might REALLY have hurt something valuable...Sorry, bad jokes are a dime adozen on this board. Making light of a horrible situation is what we do best.

Seriously though, glad you survived this accident...sounds extremely serious and painful. Praying for much better days ahead for you...

It's great hear your out of the ICU. I'll echo everyone here and say heal fast and well. I can't help thinking that this is all my fault :huh: You see the last two years at CFO we've had the "Karma Bank". Make a deposit and prevent a crash and it worked wonders, well except for one quick ride through the corn. All of you can rest assured that next year the Karma Bank will be back raising money for a good cause and making the roads safe for all that contribute :p

IMG_2953.JPG

Get well Dr. Bones, get well :good:

County road, wet, could put this one down as Amish Exhaust, that "sh*t" gets mighty slick when it gets wet.
Hope you make a full recovery and from all my experiences riding in WI country roads, I'd say you might have hit something on the pavement that contributed to your accident.

Has anyone surveyed the accident site and pavement?

Bikes can be replaced, rallies will happen again, but you cannot be replaced or rescheduled. Glad that you are still around to tell the tale... they say scars are good stories waiting to be told and I can attest to that personally. ;)

Wishing you healing... take care of yourself the best that you can and live to ride another day. B)

Bones, glad to hear you were intact, even if the broken parts will take time to heal. Sounds like you did your best with what you had to work with.

One question I have: what gear were you wearing? (Jacket/pants, back protecter if any). I've heard a few folks sing the praises of products like motoport, and a few getoffs that resulted in lots of bruises but no broken parts, and I wondered if the pricier gear would have lessened the injuries.

After all that you've gone through it's a good sign that you've started on your road to recovery by taking the time to give us a heads up. Keep us posted on your progress for we'll be thinking of you.

Shit Doc! hope all is well...can't beat a tension haemopneumothoracy with failed segments! You almost wore the big wooden overcoat mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heal quickly and well, Dr.Bones! And thank you for taking the time to relate your experience, even while this is still so new and intense for you.

You remind us that all of our lives can change from one breath to the next. Breathe easy...

When Rick told us all the bad news; I, like most others in the room, thought "it could have just as easily been me". I'm sorry to hear you got so banged up. Broken ribs suck! Only time and some little pills will make them mend. I hate to see any rider get hurt, even more so when it's one of our own. Hoping to meet you at a future rally.

Very sorry for your demise and body damage.

That is some serious stuff, ATTGATT is always good.

Prayers sent for a speedy and steady recovery.

Some things gotta heal before working on others, and that will take some patience

and plenty of time.

Hopefully family is being strong and supportive and this doesn't give way to any

other huge set backs.

Ouch! I've heard that ONE broken rib is very painful, but that many? Ouch! Ouch? glad to see that you're posting this yourself though. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, with lots of effective pain meds.

Ouch, sorry to hear of your crash, hope you have a speedy recovery, now your avaitar will be Dr. Broken Bones at least for a little while. :D

Latest posts