This is like voting in a federal election - voting without all the information. Sheesh
Believe it or not, I DO have a Plan. My bad for not sharing it with you ( too many other little details to look after
So....here it is. Note: it's premised upon riding as a group. Or most of us riding as a group. New Brunswick has only 3 or 4 roads so I didn't make gps routes. RossKean may make up a route for the Ferry Run but, like most of us, he's busy. I mean, it's not as if we've been planning this for 10 months or anything Monday
- beemerdons, Beetle and yamafitter (maybe shakin and gdsfjr03)and I are riding to St Stephen to meet Fred W and his posse coming from "over across". We'll ride out to Ossies on rte 1 for lunch (bring cash, and lots of it - they don't take VISA and it's spendy - but good
After lunch, we'll ride into St Andrews (rte 127), park the bikes and walk around a bit there. It's about an hour and a half - hour and 45 minutes - to Freddy from St Andrews. Monday evening
- registration (when we get back from St Andrews) and wander around introducing yourselves
The Schnitzel Parlour at the Motel is open, I believe, until 8pm . Or we can get a pizza. Or something.
- KSU as early as the latest riders in the night before (mattster31, SPIFF, Nsrider and Mrs Nsrider) can get their butts in gear. 0800 LATEST. Ride to Fundy Park and Alma (via various backroads)- for coffee and sticky buns; scoot out to Cape Enrage and then head for the Rocks at Hopewell. (Mark and I are doing that run on Friday so will check out this lower parking lot business - that I didn't know anything about until I talked to FJR Guy) Also, raYzerman ....are you talking about the trail from the ticket booths to the stairs ? Personally, I think that short little jaunt is part of the appeal of the Hopewell Rocks AND the
tourist gift shop is at that end if anyone wants to browse in there. We're all in pretty good shape - I think we could park in the main lot and walk down. ALL open to discussion !!!
Lunch at a restaurant just past the Hopewell Park gates. Back to Ground Zero via 112. And mattster31, we can put you on a ferry - but it'd be a spoiler for the Ferry Run crowd going the next day Tuesday evening
: Lobster Boil at the Silverwood - for discussion purposes, let's say 7:30ish for now. Our Group Photo
will be then since that's when MOST of us will be in one place. How about just before dinner? Then we'll do a little dance,
make a little love
smoke a cigar, get down tonight Wednesday
- KSU at 0800h and...hi-ho Silver, Blue, Black and Black Cherry, Away!
(it's late, I just got off work and just thinking
about this ride makes me giddy !
) 3 ferries TO St. Martins and 2 ferries back. It's a long day - looking at 9.5 hours but it's beautiful, nicely paced ( at least it was for 3
bikes on Saturday; hard to say what 30 will be like
) and there are lots of breaks (at the ferries). We'll be in St Martins in plenty of time to take a run out the Fundy Trail and return to the Caves Restaurant for lunch. The restaurant is right on the rocky Bay of Fundy beach where, on a clear day, you can see
. Wednesday evening
- Rally Dinner at the Schnitzel Parlour. Raffle off a few prizes with funds going to ....food bank? soup kitchen? spca ?
TBD. Have a beer or two, smoke another cigar, shoot the poop (if Reno John was here, he'd have us out shooting indians) and hit the hay to dream about Cape Breton!
So, kids, NOW you have The Rest of the Story
. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. How about we have a little pow-wow on Monday evening - say, around 8:30? or when most everyone has arrived.