Photo

Join Seth and Don Stanley Riding Utah's National Parks!

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#181 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,906 posts
  • Bike: 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

$6,400 was spent at BMW SLC to repair "Gisele". As we unloaded her off of the truck 1 hour ago, there was still deer pee, saliva specks, and blood on my bike. They never even washed my Gisele.

Can you imagine spending that kind of $$$ and not even getting your bike back clean from a shop!!!

You should have sent your letter to a higher level! :angry2:

The only BMW level higher is the Pope and God, I sent it up as high in the BMW Organization as I could go! I am Catholic, I am looking for the Pope's number as we speak! Thank Goodness our Pope speaks German, I can talk to him!

#182 El Toro

El Toro

Innocent Bystander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

The only BMW level higher is the Pope and God, I sent it up as high in the BMW Organization as I could go! I am Catholic, I am looking for the Pope's number as we speak! Thank Goodness our Pope speaks German, I can talk to him!

Du muss mit dem Teuffel sprechen.
Patience isn't a virtue.... It's a coping skill.
Ignorance can sometimes be fixed. Ignorance of ignorance often leads to arrogance.

#183 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,906 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Du muss mit dem Teuffel sprechen.

Jawohl Glen, es ist sehr Richtig!

#184 escapefjrtist

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Can you imagine spending that kind of $$$ and not even getting your bike back clean from a shop!!!

Congrats on getting the bike back Don, looking forward to hearing those Remus cans! You don't suppose the lack of clean-up was the SLC dealers way of giving you the finger since you took matters in your own hands?

I see and hear that kind of shit all the time :angry: . There isn't anything that I work on that isn't clean when it leaves.

No kidding Ray. Nothing worse than working on a filthy machine!

--G

IBA 34365

'09 FJR

'12 Super Tenere

#185 MCRIDER007

MCRIDER007

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

You may be able to talk to him but I don't think its going to do much good..........I just read on the Internet that his BMW was waiting for parts longer than yours and it was really dirty when he got it back.

#186 ShinyPartsUp

ShinyPartsUp

Old Goat

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

$6,400 was spent at BMW SLC to repair "Gisele". As we unloaded her off of the truck 1 hour ago, there was still deer pee, saliva specks, and blood on my bike. They never even washed my Gisele.

You should have sent your letter to a higher level! :angry2:

The pope speaks in white and black smoke signals.
The only difference between intelligence and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.

#187 ShinyPartsUp

ShinyPartsUp

Old Goat

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Well Don, she looks better than the last time I saw her! Better luck the second time around buddy.
The only difference between intelligence and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.

#188 dcarver

dcarver

FJR Forum Post Whore

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,475 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

...and LucyL,
she just says what the fuck to hybrid bmw bitch...
:fuck:
I am here, I am capable, I am reliable, I will transport you to worlds unknown to you..
.....so why do you forsake me, and spend 30k on a temptress bitch? :angry:
Walked away Posted ImagePosted Image Is it really crashing if you don't fall down?--
I wouldn't change a fucking thing; I've lived hard, played hard, and I ain't done yet. I've paid some severe penalties along the way, but the rewards have been so much greater; even if for just have participating in the game of life with utmost abandon. It's not who rides the furthest in a day, but rather in a lifetime. CBA member #1, IBA #31845 and very proud of both.
Posted Image

#189 SkooterG

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,015 posts
  • Bike: 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

I see and hear that kind of shit all the time :angry: . There isn't anything that I work on that isn't clean when it leaves.

You obviously haven't worked on Carver's bike! You would go broke taking the time to clean that dirty pig.

I was starting to think mi bastard step-pappy's kraut krap was a figment of his imagination. Glad to see it's finally back.

And those new Remus look GOOD. How do they sound?
IBA #327........................ Darksider #52

FJR#1 - The 'Dirty Ol Whore' - 2004 non-abs - RIP @ 226,400 - Gone, but not forgotton.
FJR#2 - The 'Hula Girl' - 2004 ABS - 143k
FJR#3 - The 'Virgin' - 2004 ABS - 4344 miles, a garage queen - Brundog would be proud!
FJR#4 - The Oregon FJR - 2004 ABS - 65k
FJR#5 - The Bastard POS Gen II - 2009A - 42k

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#190 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,906 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

Do you guys remember the Cedar City Landslide on Utah Highway # 14 that I mentioned here? Well, this picture is only a few days old. They may never be able to open this roadway up to Long Valley Junction!

Posted Image

:dribble: :unsure: :angry:
OUCH!!! I hadn't seen a long range shot of the slide, way worse than I figured from the shots from the site itself. I've ridden that stretch a number of times. It would be a shame to lose that road. Beautiful ride on it's own, PLUS it's a gateway to MANY other great rides. Let's hope they do get it back in service.

I know IBF2, like you I had only seen the shots from both ends of the slide. Until this was posted up over at BMW MOA Forum, I had no real idea of just how damn lengthy this landslide really was!

:yahoo: :clapping: Looks like SR-14 will be back by mid to late summer!!!! :yahoo: :clapping:

http://www.sltrib.co...pected.html.csp

That's great news and truly amazing! Incredible Utah Highway Department could move so much soil and restore a damaged road so damn quickly. AZ-DOT would've taken 3 years for this project!

Absolutely Unbelievable: Utah is going to have Highway 14 open for vehicle travel by June 1st. We Stanley Boys will be taking this route on our way up to British Columbia for NAFO / CFR 2012!!

#191 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,906 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

Highway 14 finally opens after landslide cleanup

http://www.ksl.com/?...&s_cid=queue-12

"The road will be open around the clock on Fridays and weekends, but crews are still working. So, Monday through Thursday, it will only be open at night from 7:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m."