home safe and sound

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got back to my house around 2:30 this afternoon after traveling home the long way with Chris (see above). 3012 miles on my clock. Thanks everyone for a great time, nice getting some riding with you again Patriot (Mike). Can't wait for next year!

After spending a few days in Hilton Head (more on that later), Sooze and I left this morning to begin a 3-day all-back-road ride home.

Made it to Spartanburg, SC, today with no problems.

The cold front that's pushing through the region is having us seriously re-think what we're gonna do the next day or two, though.

Actually got home Sunday at 1040pm after leaving at 1030 that morning.... went south on 75 to north 81 feet on pavement for a long time in aftermath traffic r/t a BAD full speed SUV into parked 18 wheeler crash, :( then I went 421 to Shady Valley (store was PACKED - didn't stay long) then up to Damascus onto 58 east to a couple of really cool MC roads (think numbers were 191 and 91) As I entered the BRP at Spartus at about 6pm I told myself I'd get fuel in Roanoake and I later determined I should learn to not be so damn stubborn.... <_< hit MAJOR fog/clouds (couldn't see the next dash in the passing lanes until you were parallel to the one before it) stopped counting deer in or along the road at 22 (or was it 25?) GPS kept wanting me to bail and wiggle my way out to 81 but NOOOO I had to keep going... Well suffice it to say it was one of the longest 100 miles I've spent in second gear doing about 25mph in pea soup fog just waiting for the next damn deer to step in front of me... :assassin: and I HAD A BLAST!!! :yahoo: (but I am a little twisted) ;) got off in Roanoke and slabbed 81 to 64 to home

Many thanks to all involved ... :clapping: I've gone to every EOM since my first one in 05 and have a great time each time... Hard to find an event where the people are a great as the roads. :D :D

L8r

Toophast (Gary)