NERDS 2012 Participation Poll

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was bummed out for not making NERDS this year :angry2: , but that won't happen next year...I HOPE :clapping:
You missed a good time Petey. Will you be bringing Nosecone along with you ?

How was Alaska ?

Jack
bbdig, I hope Nosecone will make the trip with me. :)

Alaska was GREAT!!! But, the weather getting there and back was about as lousy as it could get. Rain,ice, snow, cold, wind and everything nasty in between. I would go again in a heart beat... :yahoo:

Grace and I plan on being there.

Did anyone get a performance award last year? Seems like we had the roads pretty much to ourselves.

I don't remember my RD ever even going off...

:p

The tough thing is coming back to the "real" world afterwards. You know? Where they frown on passing on the double yellow... <_<

Did anyone get a performance award last year? Seems like we had the roads pretty much to ourselves.
I have to think Fred paid off the sheriff dept near App Gap.

We'd just come off a short bit of gravel and I was 'catching up' to Bill with Carver in tow. It was hot and I was standing up on the pegs to grab some air about 70mph (in a 50). Odd, Carver fell way back, I wasn't going that fast.. when I came over a rise to meet the Sheriff's suburban sitting on the side of the road with the radar stuck out the window.

"YOICKS!"

He must've been enjoying himself because as I went past him, 20 over up on the pegs, he just waved at me.

Special thanks to Carver for warning me his detector went off and to Fred for the County donation.

GOPR1661.jpg
I will most definately be there, Fred. But as usual I'll be under the yellow tarp at Elmore S.P. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reporting to school in August is some kind of communist control tactic devised to halve your useable summer (in half, even).

Revolt I say! Attend NERDS and tell them commies where to put it.

Or not....

PS - We was at EOM this year and missed you (I think). I'm really shitty with names and such. I have a bad case of CRS

PPS - Don't worry... You're only the first dork that says you can't make it.

Fred, We (the wife and I) did make it EOM this year. I know it's tough with names and faces as well. We did talk out of the back porch. We also sat with you and your wife for dinner at NAFO the year before. My wife and I are wanting to plan a long trip this next year (for the first time), but we have a very limited time window to do it (basically June and July). We've done the last couple of EOMs, but have not hit the road for more than a few days.

Fred, We (the wife and I) did make it EOM this year. I know it's tough with names and faces as well. We did talk out of the back porch. We also sat with you and your wife for dinner at NAFO the year before. My wife and I are wanting to plan a long trip this next year (for the first time), but we have a very limited time window to do it (basically June and July). We've done the last couple of EOMs, but have not hit the road for more than a few days.
Oh my gosh, yeah! I know who you are now.

I told you I am bad that way. I'd say it is early onset CRS, except it isn't all that early. ;)

Good idea on the extended road trip. Let us know if you'll be swinging through Northern New England.

If at all possible, I'll be there. I put down for sharing accommodations, but I may see if I can find a decent (cheap) campground someplace fairly close. Planning on NAFO this year and a BIG ride around the continent to get there so funds are likely to be depleted. Probably won't know any more until the spring.

Last year the wife looked at me like I had two heads when I said lets go to this NERDS thing..

This year she is the one that found the 2012 post and asked why I had not responded yet. I guess she had an OK time last year <_<

We are so IN :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Off to get one more ride in today! see you guys soon.

Fred if you need any help getting anything planed/Done. I'm your guy. :yahoo: The mini rally sounds like great fun! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I was thinking of making little rally point books for score keeping. Anything I can do to help!

I had a sense that Sandy did enjoy herself. Glad to hear that is true.

And we will probably be soliciting some help with organizing this rally Treasure Hunt thingamabob. But keep in mind that if you are one of the organizers, you'll be kind of restricted from participating in the rally. It would be an unfair advantage to know where and what the bonuses are months in advance of everyone else. So don't volunteer to help out if you really want to run in it. ;)

We are not planning to do the Treasure Hunt thingie and would be more than happy to help plan it if someone who's more familiar with how these things work is willing to take the lead. And if you need any help with the rest of it, whether test riding routes or with the "administrative" details, let us know. Gina will have a lot of time on her hands after she closes her office for the summer.

I WANNA BE A NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had to bail in 2011 (darn family-vacation. can't they plan better than that!? :lol: )

marking the calendar NOW!!!! :yahoo:

Well geeze, Sharon. You're already plenty nerdly to qualify. :nerd:

And you did already get the 2011 tee shirt. ;)

This time you'll just have to make it to Vermont!! You're gonna love it!

Hey everyone, I see a lot of folks saying "Yeah, I'm in!!"

Please make sure that you cast your vote in the Poll if there is a good chance that you'll be coming.

We'll be using these votes to determine how many rooms we'll need. We'll need to set the room block size pretty soon (like in the next 2 weeks).

And of course the JAG's will be there :yahoo: Fred I'm already working on a few(ahem)ways to aquire some swag for the event and will be happy to assist in any way Let me know