Has anyone lowered their FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know... I'm starting to feel a little sorry for AGOTG...

I'm guessing this is not what she bargained for when she started this thread. I mean with Bust's Dolly issues, BeemerD's fixation on candles, and Zilla, well I'm not even gonna go there!!

Just not too sure this is the approach needed to attract additional ladies to the nest you guys... but hey! what do I know! I'm single :(

You know... I'm starting to feel a little sorry for AGOTG...

I'm guessing this is not what she bargained for when she started this thread. I mean with Bust's Dolly issues, BeemerD's fixation on candles, and Zilla, well I'm not even gonna go there!!

Just not too sure this is the approach needed to attract additional ladies to the nest you guys... but hey! what do I know! I'm single :(
Don't worry about AGOTG, I think she can run with the best of us! It was Her that was Eyeballing the Plastic Cups wondering about the Contents! I think she's one of us now. She's a sick little puppy Too!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's get this out of the way...

Yes I am a girl and yes the FJR is heavy for me on side hill stops-

Not to be one who is EVER easily deterred, I wanted to check in to see if any of you have used a Kouba Link on the FJR or any other lowering trick?

With the Kouba Link, my concerns is changing the way the bike handles, because it is perfect IMHO and rides like a dream and I don't want to interfere with the handling. I have a friend who added a Kouba Link to a BMW 1100GS, a very tall bike and it has had no impact to the bikes performance- Apples and oranges..duh

The other option I have is slightly modifying the seat, I only need about a 1/2 inch to be flat footed

So I could modify the padding or if one of you know of any other lowering trick, do tell.

The plastic piece that we can move under the seat to raise the sitting position, can it be removed totally and generate an potential lowering?

Other thoughts? (yes I can wear big heeled boots, don't think I hadn't thought about it... :D )

Thank you in advance for you feedback, now I am going for a ride cuz it is spectacular outside!
I think everything in this ink.is already mentioned

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=139345&st=0&p=878911&hl=+short%20+dennis&fromsearch=1entry878911

But just in case...

I'm a short rider too and gotten used to it. I think my balance has improved a lot and that's helped a lot too.

Hope it helps and welcome.

Dennis

Classic Quebec CFR pic below is Courtesy of Sir Alan-ionbeam. You know AGirlOnTheGo, you could do what Mary Ellen of Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada does.

MEM has contracted BeemerDonS, Barry-Bustanut joker and Jeff-FJRGuy to be her FJR stabilizers at all FJR Forum Events. We each take a side and keep her bike up!

IMG_4911sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic Quebec CFR pic below is Courtesy of Sir Alan-ionbeam. You know AGirlOnTheGo, you could do what Mary Ellen of Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada does.

MEM has contracted BeemerDonS, Barry-Bustanut joker and Jeff-FJRGuy to be her FJR stabilizers at all FJR Forum Events. We each take a side and keep her bike up!

IMG_4911sm.jpg
I like it, I am look for a set of you guys down here. LOL

AGOTG

Latest posts