I'm looking for a diagram showing the "rider triangle" or "motorcycle triangle" for the FJR.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trialsguy

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a diagram showing the "rider triangle" or "motorcycle triangle" for the FJR.

Reason being - I'm shopping for a FJR. I currently ride a '16 Ninja 1000SX. I went to my local dealer and sat on the '24 FJR there. I was somewhat supprised/disappointed that the seat-pegs-handlebar position/orientation felt very close to what I have on my SX, if not identical. I'm looking for a bike that is more comfortable than my SX on rides longer than 2 hours at a time. Years ago, I recall using an online webpage that showed the rider triangle for many bikes, and I recall that you could compare 2 bikes on the same diagram, so you could see any differences easily. I'm courious what, if any, difference there is in the rider position between the FJR and the SX. I realize that the FJR has some small seat and handlebar adustment available. I'd have to also check that out.

Does anyone have a link to this webpage?

-Thanks

Reason being - I'm shopping for a FJR. I currently ride a '16 Ninja 1000SX. I went to my local dealer and sat on the '24 FJR there. I was somewhat supprised/disappointed that the seat-pegs-handlebar position/orientation felt very close to what I have on my SX, if not identical. I'm looking for a bike that is more comfortable than my SX on rides longer than 2 hours at a time. Years ago, I recall using an online webpage that showed the rider triangle for many bikes, and I recall that you could compare 2 bikes on the same diagram, so you could see any differences easily. I'm courious what, if any, difference there is in the rider position between the FJR and the SX. I realize that the FJR has some small seat and handlebar adustment available. I'd have to also check that out.

-Thanks

I've been with the FJR 19 years and never seen one.

That said, I found this one on the first hit: https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=motorycycle+rider+triangle+comparison
Yep , that’s it. Thanks. I did do a Google search before posting on the Forum. And I did find this site - but at the time - I didn’t see the bikes that I was looking for. ? I see them now. Speed reading is not always my friend…

You can change the position on the Handlebars closer to you on the FJR. It's not a large adjustment but it made the difference for me. You can also fit 1" risers without lengthening the cables etc...

What a cool web site. I have the 1" spacers on my 06. Very good fit for me at 5'-10", 30" inseam. I've got unusually long arms though... (think ape) I also sat on a showroom bike first. You really need to ride it, to find out. My opinion changed, after a good test ride. Best of luck, you won't find a better forum than this one! Just say'n...

Pete-o

One can always move the seat to its upper position which can make a big difference. When I had my seat customized, an extra bit of rise was added then as well which works for my 32"inseam and 6' 3/4" height. Never bothered on moving the handlebars on my GenII but had a set of Meissner fully adjustable risers on my '03 although I really just took advantage of the rise. Lots of ways to tweak your riding position to suit you.

-Thanks
Here it is: https://cycle-ergo.com/